Chapter 31: You Too?

"Madlynn?"

"I'm in my room." I said, sitting on my bed with Mayshu. He was a good companion and was definitely trained.

"I was going to go out on a walk. Want to come? Or would it be too hard on your ribs?"

"I would love to but I still want to take it easy. Reincheck?"

"Yeah sure." Zenan said. I could tell he was a little disappointed. "You know where to find me if you need me."

"Yep. And now that I have Mayshu, it will be easier."

"Yeah. I'll be back sometime around dinner if anyone is looking for me."

"Don't get lost."

"I won't." And with that Zenan left.

"Well, it looks like its just you and me boy." I said to Mayshu. He gave me a weird look then got up and left the room. I sighed. "Am I really that bad to be around?"

"Depends on how your feeling." I heard someone say. I jumped and spun toward my door.

"Blake! Don't do that!"

"It's my thing. I have to." He smirked before sitting next to me.

"What do you want." I fake frowned.

"I want to talk to you about something."

"I figured as much." I said sarcastically.

"About you and the Cayne boys."

"What about us? We're all just good friends. Luke and Zen aren't lying about something are they?"

"No." He said quickly. I let out a relived breath. "I just wanted to talk to you about anything that was going on between two of you."

"What do you mean?"

"You and Zenan. Everyone here knows there's something going on between you that's different. Do you want to talk about it?"

I had no idea what he was talking about. Then I thought of something. Maybe this is how I could get some information from him I've been wanting. "If you will talk to me about your ability thing."

"Now don't make this about me." Blake warned. I smiled innocently at him.

"I won't talk." I said. He frowned before giving in.

"You first." He said. I nodded.

"I don't get what your saying. There's nothing going on between us."

"That's not an answer." Blake warned. I sighed.

"I don't know. Savanah and I talked about this and she's convinced we like each other but just don't want to admit it to ourselves. I, of course, think she's wrong but I guess that proves her point. But if your asking if we have a thing, no."

"I didn't expect you to say anything." Blake said after a moment or two.

"Your my brother. I trust you." I said. He looked surprised. "But if one day, Zenan and I did have a thing would you be mad?"

"I don't know. If your happy I'm happy. But if that does happen and he hurts you, he's going to have to deal with me." I smiled a little.

It was silent for a while. Then noticed the air had become almost awkward. "If you don't want to talk about your ability, we don't have to. It was rude for me to do that to you." I said quickly.

"I should go. I promise we will talk about it later. I just don't think in comfortable now." He said getting up. I nodded, standing up and hugging him.

"I love you big bro." I said stepping back. "I'm so glad were stuck here together."

"Yeah." He laughed.