Chapter 19: Murderer?

"Is this some kind of sick joke? Zenan would never kill anyone. No I won't accept it. He would never. Would he? There has to be a logical explanation." I ranted not wanting to believe Blake.

"It's true. I watched it with my own eyes Madlynn. Do you think I would lie to you?" He said putting a hand on my shoulder. I shoved it off and began gathering the few things I had.

"Your crazy. I'm going to find him and have him tell me the truth. He's not a murderer."

"You've only known him for what, a few days? How would you know?"

"I-I just know. I feel it. I am going to find him." I said shoving past him to get a pair of hiking boots that were conveniently there and my size.

"Madlynn I can't let you wander off. You don't know where your going."

"Yeah but I know someone that will." I said thinking about Ganter.

"You don't know where Leah's house is. How can you possibly find him? And anyways I don't think Savanah or Percy would agree with this. You have a magical scent. Evil will find you."

"Yeah right. Your just trying to keep me from going." I brushed past him to grab the journal before leaving my room.

"At least take a weapon will ya? I don't want my baby sister getting killed."

"Fine. What do you want me to take. A sword?"

"Yes." He said. He ran to his room and went in and when he was back he had a large silver sword and sheath. "Zenan gave it to me. Said all of his humans used it. It's your turn next."

"But I don't even know how to use it."

"Oh you will. Instinct. Trust me." He said. Sounds like he has had a first hand experience with it. I fastened it on my waist and headed toward the door.

"Be safe. Okay? And if you find him, bring him back." Blake told me, hugging me. I had a feeling I wouldn't see him for a while so I hugged him back.

"I will have Ganter and your sword. I will be safe. See you soon." I said and with that, I was gone.

~*~*~

I paced back and forth trying to decide if I should go back or not. Leah had a good point. There is a very small possibility that it will happen again. Madlynn probably won't end up like Rhiann.

But there is still a chance and I didn't want to hurt her. But I probably already am with my disappearing.

"Zenan stop pacing. Your going to wear a whole in my floor." Leah lectured. I frowned then sat back down on the couch.

"I can't decide if I should go back or not. I want to but there could be consequences."

"There are always going to be consequences, Zenan. That's how life works."

"What do you think?"

"You should go back. If you are what you say you are, it's probably killing her to be away from you."

"I will leave in the morning."

"Good choice Zenan." Leah patted my shoulder before getting up and taking the mugs into the kitchen.

Destiny's Calling - The OriginalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara