Chapter 13. Hes coming

Sabrina's POV

We entered the conference room. It was huge. There were 2 tables. A big one in the middle of the room. And a smaller on in the corner.

Nate pointed to the corner table and said "that's where the interns and assistants sit. Go ahead"

I walked over and took a seat. There were 2 women and a male sitting with me.

"I'm chris, this is Alexandra and Leslie." The guy said to me.

"I'm sabrina it's nice to meet you all" i said. The man was grinning at me sort of creepily but I brushed it off and listened to the meeting.

Not to be unprofessional, but Nate has never looked better. Not only the way his suit complimented him, but also that he was serious, they were obviously talking about something important. The way his jaw clenched whenever a person was saying something.

I would be staring all day if it wasn't for the fact that I saw chris still looking at me, I turned over and smiled at him. What is his problem?

I turned back and saw that Nate was looking at me. Great, now he probably thinks that I'm not paying attention and will probably fire me on my first day.

-20 minutes later-
The meeting had concluded. It went pretty well. After everybody left I went back to my desk. Nate told me he had to get something from his office really quick and then he would take me home. I told him to take his time and I waited.

Just then Chris came up to my desk.

He walked up and pushed a few pencils right onto the ground.

"Um. What was that for?" I said, it was very confusing.

"What it's no big deal, I'm sure you won't even be here much longer. Especially when Peter comes." He said lowering his tone.

My heart dropped.

"..what.." that's all I could say. My body was frozen. I didn't know what to expect but it wasn't that.

"Don't act so clueless. Peter is coming, here to New York. And he's mad Sabrina . He's mad that you left. What do you think he's gonna do when he gets here and finds out that you got a thing for your new boss?" He said in a mocking tone.

I was struggling to keep the tears in.

"Get away from me, tell peter to stay away too" I said, I was scared. I didn't know this would happen. I thought I could escape, I could run. And he would never find me. I was so stupid, no where is safe, he has friends everywhere, and now one of them is in front of me.

"It's too late. He'll be in New York soon. And the first thing he's gonna do, is come for you" Chris said. And with that he walked away. Leaving me with nothing but my own thoughts and an empty room.