Potions

(Emily's pov)

I looked up as I saw my uncle stalk,yes stalk,up the room his cloak billowing after him.I never got how people could be afraid of my uncle but when he turned around and looked at me with a look of pure hatred for the first time in my life I was scared.He knew I was because my hair was blond practically white but he still continued to look at me with hatred.I broke the gaze and looked down.When I looked back up I saw my uncle right beside me.

"Merlin's beard.You scared me"I said laughing but it was clear he didn't find it humorous.

"Black"he said with such hatred I felt like running away but I was strong I was not going to let him make a show of me. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

I yawned and leaned back.I knew this answer since I was old enough to talk.

"It makes a sleeping potion so powerful it is called the Draught of the Living Dead"I replied lazily."That all you got?"I asked mockingly.He used the same questions all the time but he didn't realise that.This just made him furious because most people where laughing.

"Where would you look if I told you to find me a bezeor?"

"Easy in a goat"I replied cooly.He could not ask me a question on potions that I didn't know,I got it from him and my mother.

"Hmm"he said feigning trying to think"you should know this especially"he said with an evil smirk on his face"what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?".No he wasn't bringing Remus into this.

"There is no difference except their name.They're the same plant with different names"I said getting up"And if you don't mind I'll be going somewhere were I won't be persecuted against for being in Gryffindor.Sorry if I have some guts"I said loudly and clearly.

"Emily Severa Black!I swear if you leave this room"he began.

"You'll what?Give me detention?Take away points?You know what I don't care"I said. He went up to me and pulled me towards my chair.

"This is abuse sir.I could get you fired"I said my eyes shining a bright purple before bursting out laughing.I looked at him and I knew I was forgiven.I smiled up at the man who taught me almost everything I knew.

It was half way through the class and I got bored.Anytime I blinked I made my hair change colour from neon green to bright pink.I was about to change my long purple hair again but I heard my name being called.

"Yes sir?"I asked acting innocent.

"Will you please stop that with your hair.It's rather distracting"I nodded but two minutes later I was doing it again to annoy him.He knew I was doing it to annoy him and he managed to ignore it for a couple of minutes until he cracked when I turned my hair bright orange.

"Will you stop it or you will have detention" he snapped.I smiled evilly at him and he knew I had a back up plan.

"Sir?Whose to say its not my emotions showing through my hair?"I asked my eyes probably purple.

"Because you aren't.Somebody can't feel that many emotions in one class".

"Prove it."

"What"

"Prove it"I said slowly.He stood there thinking for a moment but he knew I won.I only had time to smirk at him before the bell rang.

"Miss Walters,Miss Black please stay behind"I heard my uncle say.Miss Walters?Who was she and why did she have to stay behind?I turned around to see the girl Lavender sat with earlier.Her hair was a little wavy up close and she had big green eyes.She looked as confused as I was but walked up to the desk with her head held high.

"Did I do anything wrong sir?"she asked her voice not faltering like most people when they were talking to Sev.

"No nothing.I just wanted to ask if you still wanted to do remedial potions?"he asked. Her pale skin turned red at this but she still nodded.

"Ok my niece here can help you"he said pointing at me.She thanked him and we walked out of the room together.I noticed her green robes.She was a Slytherin?You wouldn't think considering Lavender was hanging out with her.

"I'm Viola,Viola Walters"she said smiling kindly.

"Emily Black"I said smiling too.It was silent for a moment until she started talking again.

"What days should we do the potions?"she asked blushing.You could tell she was embarrassed of her potion skills.

"Well I'm free anytime because you know I don't really have anything else to do"I said.

"Won't your friends mind?"she asked curious.She probably had a lot of friends what with her nice personality and her looks which often make people popular.

"No there is only Parvati,Dean and Seamus so I'm sure they won't mind"I said looking down.It was my time to be embarrassed.She replied with a simple 'oh' and when we reached the Transfiguration courtyard we had to split up because she had Charms while I had Herbology with the Hufflepuffs.

I walked in and gave Professor Sprout the note my uncle gave me and went beside Parvati who was with two Hufflepuffs whose names I think were Hannah and Susan.

The rest of the classes went be quickly and uneventful until my dear cousin,note the sarcasm,insulted a Hippogriff and got attacked by it.He was so stupid,you never insult a Hippogriff. I had defence against the dark arts the next day which I was excited for because I got to see Remus teaching.

I walked up stairs to my dorm to see Hermione there.She looked up at me when I walked in and said:

"We need to talk".

That didn't sound good.