Friends

(Emily's POV)

The whole room went quiet as I walked over to my house table.Everyone's eyes were on me but then the food arrived. Most people looked away and started stuffing their mouths. I looked for the trio I just made friends with but before I saw them I was taken by my waist to a seat. I looked up to see two identical gingers that looked like Ron but older and they had brown eyes. One had a freckle on his cheek that the other didn't have.

"Hi. I'm Emily," I said. They had not said anything since they pulled me over. It was getting awkward.

"I'm Fred and he's George," the one with the freckle said.

"Hi again. Eh is there any reason I'm sitting here?" I asked, quirking my eyebrow.

They just shrugged and continued eating. I looked up at my uncle to see a scowl on his face. Remus gave me an encouraging smile. Great, my uncle was going to kill me. Dumbledore stood and told us to go to bed so I followed Ron's brother Percy who was head boy.

I looked around in awe as I saw the comfy red and gold room. The fire was roaring and there were plush red chairs beside it along with a couch. I sat down to see everybody leave. I guess they couldn't just get over the fact that I was Sirius Black's daughter. I felt the couch go down a bit and saw Fred and George sit either side of me.

"Don't mind them they don't know what they're missing," they said at the same time. I smiled at them and found my hair turning pink.

"Wow. We can-"

"So use that for pranks," George finished off.

"It will be my pleasure," I said, smirking. They smiled and for the rest of the night we planned pranks. I hadn't seen Harry, Hermione or Ron since the train. I hoped that they were okay. I walked up to where the prefect told me to go and I found myself in a room with four beds with red sheets and gold pillows. Two girls I didn't know were there and Hermione had her back turned to me.

"Ah Parvati it's Black's child"the one with bushy curly hair said.A pretty Indian girl turned around and gave me an apologetic smile.

"Shut up Lavender"she mumbled.'Lavender' huffed and went straight into her bed closing the curtains around it.I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and was surprised to see Parvati.

"Don't mind Lavender.She doesn't mean anything by it though but she is my best friend.I'm Parvati Patil"she said introducing herself.

"I'm Emily,Black of course."I said back. Parvati wasn't that bad.At least she was talking to me.

"She'll warm up to you.She just scared"she said a small smile appearing.

"Aren't we all"I replied looking grim.She nodded and I went back to the room. Hermione said 'goodnight' but that was it.Did I do something wrong?

Next morning

I woke up because of the self-waking charm I put on myself.I looked in the mirror and I looked like a complete mess.My hair was half long,half short and it was all different colours ranging from bright pink to dark green.I closed my eyes and opened them to see a pretty blond girl with big brown eyes in front of me.'Perfect I can have breakfast in peace' I thought walking out to find Harry and Ron in the common room.

"Hi"I said timidly.They both looked at me weirdly until they recognised my voice.

"I didn't know it was you Em,you scared me I thought I knew everyone in the school" Ron said laughing."Wanna go breakfast"he asked but I saw the glare that Hermione gave me as she walked down the stairs to hear that.

"I'm sure she has something else to do"she said looking directly at me.

"Yeah sorry guys.I'm going to see my uncle" I said quickly.Hermione didn't hate me yesterday so why now?I sighed and watched them go out of the common room.Goodbye my only two friends because I didn't think Hermione classified as a friend after that.

"Emily" I heard behind me.I turned around to see Parvati and Lavender and I don't think I had to guess who said my name.

"You coming to breakfast?"Parvati asked. Lavender glared at her and stomped off,again.

"Sorry.You can sit with Lavender she's your friend"I mumbled,a bit embarrassed by the whole situation.

"It's fine she just has to get over it,your my friend too."I smiled at her,looks like I did have a friend after all. We walked down to the Great Hall talking until I noticed how did she get past my disguise?

"How did you know it was me?"I asked,she couldn't have known I'm a metamorphmagus.

"I didn't.You weren't in bed so I decided to call for you and then you turned around so I guessed your a metamorphmagus because you woke up with with multi-coloured hair" she said shrugging like it was nothing.Why wasn't she a Ravenclaw?

"Wanna sit with Dean and Seamus?"she asked.I didn't know who they were but I agreed anyway.We walked to the middle of the table and I saw a boy with sandy coloured hair and a dark-skinned boy.I changed into my normal appearance in a blink of an eye.Everyone probably already knew because of Hermione or Lavender anyway.

"Deadly"I heard the boy say with a thick Irish accent.I laughed and so did everyone else,meaning Parvati,Dean and I.

I got on well with Dean and Seamus.Dean was extremely nice and Seamus was funny and carefree.I didn't care that nobody else liked me because I had three real friends and if you included the twins,who I hadn't seen yet,I had five which was better than Beauxbatons.

'Speak of the Devil'I thought as I saw the twins walking towards me.

"Here's your timetable"Fred said handing me a sheet.

"We thought we would get it for you since you know your new"George said embarrassed.I laughed and told them 'thanks' before looking down at my first class,the one class I was dreading written in neat,curly writing was the word:Potions.

"Ugh potions I hate it"Parvati complained.

"Snape's my uncle"I blurted out hoping this wouldn't ruin our friendship.

"It's ok.Just hope he'll be nice to you'"she said.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.I hoped Sev was not angry that I didn't get into Slytherin but remembering his face from the night before I knew it wasn't going to be a fun lesson.

We walked down to potions and I sat down beside Parvati which made Lavender glare at me and turn to sit with some other girl with long blond,straight hair.I held my breath as I heard the door slam and in came my uncle.

'This will be fun'I thought.

---------------------------------------------

A/N hey thanks for reading.If you we're wondering 'deadly' is the Irish way of saying awesome and because Seamus is Irish(as am I) I thought it would be nice.