Exams suck and evil fairies do too

(Emily's pov) 

Let's just say that the party lasted about a week.There was pretty much a party every night and everyone was in a splendid mood which matched the weather we had at the start of June.

That night when we won the cup,Oliver Wood proposed to me.I politely declined as he was on his twenty-fifth glass of firewhiskey.He was sad at first but then got over it and asked Harry to marry him so I didn't take it personally.I had an inkling that it was because we both had firebolts and you know the saying 'what's mine is yours'.Oliver apologized the next day to both Harry and I.

The exams were approaching and everybody was stuck inside instead of laying in the June sun.Even Fred and George were seen studying! Everyone was stressed to the max but I think Hermione won the most stressed.She was not seen out of the library or common room for days and her hair was a puffball.

I was surprised(to say the least) when Hermione,Harry and Ron came up to me the day before the exams.I was currently doing my transfiguration study and trying to turn the teapot in front of me into a tortoise.I thought I got it but Cece pointed out it was a turtle.Wasn't that the say thing?

"Hagrid lost the case.There is still an appeal but they're bringing an executioner,so don't get your hopes up"Hermione said.

"What!They can't do that.Ron and I have been looking it all up.They can't possibly execute him"I said,outraged but I knew Lucius Malfoy had something to do with this."They can't"I whispered lamely to myself but we all knew that it was going to happen.

I went down to Hagrid and told him I was sorry and he just dismissed it because it was not my fault.

The exams went by quickly and I thought I did decent enough.I got at least acceptables in them.My tortoise ended up being a turtle but who really cares?In Care of Magical Creatures,we had to keep a flobberworm alive for an hour and I did!But then again I think everyone did.

Potions was one of the easiest.I could have probably done it in my sleep.Like who can't make a Confusing Concoction?Well apparently a lot of people couldn't because I saw a lot of zeros on Sev's sheet(harsh much?).History of Magic,Astronomy and Herbology went by quickly and I think I got at least an 'A'(Acceptable) in them.

Defence Against the Dark Arts was,how to put it,amazing!It was kind of an obstacle course,it was so cool!We had to get across a paddling pool containing a Grindylow,cross a series of potholes full of Red Caps,squish our way across a patch of marsh,ignoring the misleading directions from a Hinkypunk,then climb into an old trunk and battle a boggart.I had a bit of trouble with the boggart but then I went all 'riddikulus' on its ass and BOOM,it was gone.

It turns out Cece's boggart was the snatcher that was there the day we were at Neigeux and Cece was out into a coma for like 2 and a half months.Surprisingly(not) Hermione's boggart was McGonagall telling her that she failed everything.

I was in the common room,celebrating that my exams were done when I was bombarded by Harry,Hermione and Ron.They showed me the letter they received off Hagrid and it was clear that he was crying while writing it.I abruptly got up,muttering things like 'I'm going to kill him' and 'he'll wish he was never born'.

I stomped through the hall towards the Slytherin common room but stopped when I heard the familiar voice of Remus Lupin.

"Emily,well she can be a burden and she has her fair share of problems-"

I didn't stay to listen to what he had to say.Remus Lupin,the nice,gentle,sensitive person was insulting me behind my back.I mean I knew I was moody sometimes and snapped at him but doesn't every teenage girl snap at their guardian?