Christmas

(Emily's pov) 

It had been a couple of days since the two fights and detention.Harry had to formally apologise because of my uncle.He still didn't talk to me but hey it was a start.

Parvati and Padma went home,and they of course offered Cece and I to go to their house but we politely declined because we didn't want to be a burden.Dean and Seamus also went home as well as the twins and Viola so it was only Cece and I.

We spent most of the start of the holidays doing homework because the professors so kindly gave us loads and their reason was and I quote 'to keep you off the streets or my uncle who said 'so your brains won't decay any more' how nice.

It was soon Christmas morning and I was woken up by Cece,who was screaming her head off.Before I could react,Cece was hit with a silencing charm by Hermione.My respect for that girl had just risen.I could never get Cece to shut up and all I had to use was one word.Silencio.

Cece in response to this,stormed down the stairs,making as much noise as possible.Hermione and I looked at each other before bursting out laughing.We were now by no means friends but our ,what word shall I use,...feud earlier on in the year was forgotten and we were now ... acquaintances.

We composed ourselves before walking down into the common room to see Harry and Ron gaping at some present.I ignored them and went to Cece whose blue eyes were narrowed.She was angry.But once I took the charm off her she returned to her cheerful self.

I looked down to see quite a lot of presents,blocking out Hermione's speech which consisted of 'you should tell McGonagall'.Whatever.I got a muggle poster and some chocolate from Dean(he knew I was curious about the non-moving poster),a charm bracelet from Seamus(with a shamrock charm)make-up from Parvati and Padma(eh hello,I'm a metamorphmagus,why would I need make-up?).I also got a letter from Padma saying that it was Parvari's idea and she knew make-up would have no effect.

Viola gave me a necklace with a big paw print along with some Honeydukes chocolate.The twins sent me pranking supplies and also a knitted jumper?Ok,I didn't take them as the knitting type.This was accompanied by a note saying that the jumper was from their mother,who knits one for all their friends.Cece got one too.Her's had a huge purple 'C' on it and it had a pink background while mine had a black 'B' and the background was red.

I also got stuff from Remus and Sev.From Sev I got a potions set,'to help you improve'as the letter said.Remus got me some chocolate frogs and a top saying 'Sleep,eat,prank',which pretty much summed up my life.On the top it also had a moving joker hat on it.

There were two more gifts left,one that was huge and the other which was a square and around 8x8 centimetres.I looked at Cece but she was currently ripping up a wrapped package as if it was going to explode if she didn't open it in the next two seconds.I looked around for a note and found one on the little box but not the large one.

'This was your mothers'

That was all it said so I opened it to see a beautiful necklace.It was simple yet elegant,it had a diamond surrounded by little black jewels and it had a silver chain.I moved to the next one and I saw it was a broom but not just any broom,it was a firebolt,fastest broom ever,well so far anyway.

"You got one too?"I heard a voice say behind me.I jumped and turned around to see Harry holding the exact broom that I held in my hand.I nodded mutely.

"Did you get a note?"he asked,again I nodded my head but this time from side to side.He sighed,mumbled a 'goodbye' and left,Ron and Hermione following close behind.

"Wanna open my present?"I heard Cece say holding something behind her back which I presumed was my present.

"Sure.Then I'll give you yours".I had got her Bertie Botts Every Flavour beans and heart earrings that matched the necklace she never took off.I got her attachment to it because before today all I had from my parents was my locket and a photo and I never let anyone touch or even see them.