Sorting

(Emily's pov)

The next two and a half weeks went by quickly. I spent all my time with Remus. It was nice to not have Sev breathing down my neck. I loved my uncle but it could be tough living with him sometimes. I hadn't got any mail from my friends in Beauxbatons. They were probably all scared of me,with good reason, I was the daughter of Sirius Black and I was an Elemental. Only Sev and Remus knew that I was an Elemental because if The Ministry found out I would have been be killed. The Ministry didn't like things they couldn't understand; Elementals were just one of them. They felt threatened. Elementals normally had another power. Mine was being a Metamorphmagus. My mum was a Parselmouth.

During my time with Remus, I went to Diagon Ally. It was my first time ever going there because normally I got my school supplies in France. I knew quite a lot of French but I only used it at school. Sev sent us money to buy the supplies because Remus, to say it lightly, was extremely poor. It was because he was a werewolf and it was hard to get a job. We bought the supplies as quickly as possible and then went to Florean Fortescue's for ice cream.

We were eating our ice creams when Remus told me that he wanted to talk to me. "Whats up,Remmie?"

"I got the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts" he said,casually.

"Wow. That's amazing. Congratulations Remus, you deserve it." I was going to have both Remus and Severus in Hogwarts with me.Remus smiled and I smiled back. He seemed genuinely happy. And if he was happy, I was happy.

Next Day

I woke up early around eight because I was so excited. I was going to Hogwarts. I couldn't believe it. No more short skirts for me. Remus looked absolutely horrible so I decided to tell him that, to boost his confidence you know.

"Remmie, you look like you got trampled by a hippogriff then got covered in gold and nifflers sent after you then-" I was cut off before I could finish.

"Okay Emily, we get it I look bad-"

"Dreadful. Horrendous."

"Okay, I look dreadful. Horrendous as you so kindly put it."

We apparated to King's Cross and arrived with thirty minutes to go.We arrived at a wall in between platforms nine and ten. Remus looked at me expectingly but knew I wasn't going to move so he took my arm and started running straight towards the wall.

I squeezed my eyes shut and waited for the impact but it never came. Instead my eyes were greeted by the sight of a secret platform with a bright scarlet train. We slowly made our way towards the train, avoiding trunks, pets and other wizards and witches. When we finally made it onto the train we found an empty compartment at the back. I sat there with a book while Remus had a nap.

I read peacefully until the compartment door opened and in came two boys and a girl. One of the boys had bright orange hair while the other had black hair, a scar on his head and big round glasses.The girl had frizzy brown hair and big brown eyes.

"Hermione Granger. And you are?" she asked, presenting her hand to shake mine. I tried to ignore the fact that my hands were clammy. She was polite enough to not wipe her hand off her robes straight away.

"Emily," I panicked. Would they treat me differently if they knew who my father was? It was going to get out anyway so I decided to tell the truth. I had nothing to be ashamed of, I wasn't the murderer. "Black. Emily Black."

All their mouths hung open and the ginger one said "But you look nothing like him." I had to laugh at that. I laughed like a crazy person and I realized I really was my father's daughter. I closed my eyes and made my hair go the same colour as my father's.