Chapter 7 - THE HAPPPY FAMILY

It was midnight when the youngest princess of mithila was tensed. As her elder three sisters were asleep so she quietly tiptoed out of the room.
"I am very hungry. I hope something must be there in the kitchen. Mahadev help me. Please don't let anyone see me" thought the youngest princess to herself.

She paced towards kitchen when she felt someone twisting her ear and heard a sound of clearing throat. She was was scared of getting a scolding.

"aah" screamed shrutkirti

" shru what do you think you can fool everyone. You may escape from everyone but not this elder sister of yours" declared urmila holding her ear being proud of herself as she always wanted to boss around someone being an elder.

"didi me and fooling you. No never this can never happen. Who can fool you"

"shru no buttering. What are you doing here at the kitchen at this hour"asked urmila mischief prominent in her eyes.

"Didi....didi actually i am hungry. I was looking for some snack. Please don't tell badi ma but i was in no mood to eat during dinner and now i am hungry"

"hmm. So i guessed it right." said urmila trying to sound as strict as she could. Shrutkirti's head hunged low.

"but you know what even i am hungry lets look for something together."said an excited urmila. Shrutkirti raised her head to meet urmila's glittering eyes. Her face curved in happiness.

Both the princesses started looking for some sweets or snacks. After about 45 minutes but both of them could not find anything. They both sat on floor tired.

"Didi! What to do now? There is nothing here. " said shrutkirti

"No shru! Something must me there. I know pitashree often comes at night to have ladoos. They must be here only. We should check carefully" declared urmila

"If you want to have ladoos at this hour you need an expert with yourself otherwise you won't be able to find ladoos" came a voice

Urmila and shrutkirti turned and found janak standing at the entrance of the kitchen.

"bade pitashree!! "

Janak moved forward and went to the far corner of the kitchen and took out a plate from the topmost shelf. He removed the covering which revealed a plate full of delicious ladoos.

Urmila and shrutkirti were standing there in shock seeing their father

"I though you two were hungry but seems like you both are not intrested so i will have them alone now. " said janak hiding his smile

"no. We want them" said both in unison.

They both ran towards janak. He lifted both of them in his arms one by one and settled them on the slab. The trio fed each other and enjoyed the delicious sweet.

"so girls. This must be a secret. Nor your mother neither your sita didi should know about this. Promise? "

"promise" said both together

"so now we should sleep. You both go to your room. I will go to the garden"

"pitashree i and shru also want to sleep in garden with you. Pleaseee" pleaded urmila

Being a nature lover. From time to time janak used to sleep in garden amidst nature. Janak thought for a while.

"okay. You both can" declared janak

Urmila and shrutkirti were very happy. Janak picked both his daughters in his arms and moved towards the garden where foldings were already arranged as he ordered.

The trio laid on the foldings both urmila and shrutkirti were on either sides of janak hugging him and he wrapped each of his arm around his daughters lovingly. Three of them soon dozzed of to sleep. Next morning they were found by Sunaina in the same position making her heart overjoyed.

************************************

Afternoon

The whole family was toghther in the living room. Janak and sunaina were kneely listening to their daughter's talks. Their day their teachings whatever they learn at gurukul and how the four of them are soo close and inspired by their mata gargi. Four of them want to become like her highly knowledgeable, independent and fearless.

" badi ma do you know mandavi didi and urmila didi fight even at gurukul"
Said shrutkirti

Urmila and mandavi glared at her with wide eyes. Shrutkirti feared while sita controlled her giggle.

"I knew it anything and everything can change at Mithila but not these two" came a voice

Everyone turned to see who the owner of the voice was.

Within seconds all the four girls were at the gate hugging the people standing there while a happy smile formed on janak and sunaina's face.

" Kushadhwaj, chandrabhagha how come you both are here. When did you come from sankasya." asked an astonished sunaina

"Bhabhi now only"

" but without any letter? You could have informed us na? " questioned janak

" bhaiya we got a strict order from our princesses to immediately come to mithila and that to without informing anyone. How could i not obey what my sita and urmila ordered" said kushadhwaj picking up urmila and shrutkirti

" sita you also joined urmila in her pranks? " asked sunaina

"maa not my fault. Everyone was missing chote pitashree and chote maa so much that i could not stop myself from doing this" replied sita

The couple came forward and touched janak and sunaina's feet and the four of them hugged each other.

"whatever sita and urmila did was great. I am elated you both are here and i hope you will stay for long i won't allow both of you to leave early. " declared sunaina

"yes didi" said chandrabhaga hugging the former once again.

" now you both should go freshen up i will look after the preparations. Today will be a feast. Our whole family is together after so many days"

Everyone was in a foyful mood.

" Didi i will join you within a while for the preparations " said chandrabhaga

With this the couple moved towards their room with the four girls to freshen up sunaina towards kitchen and janak to look if there is any matter in the court. For every one wanted to be free by eveing to spend the family time.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys. So this was chapter 7 of Siya Ram. Hope you like it.
Do vote and please please give your reviews. Thank you
Take care! Stay safe!!

 Thank youTake care! Stay safe!!