Chapter 31- Who will survive?

The moon was disappearing, signaling that the sun was about to make its presence

The moon was disappearing, signaling that the sun was about to make its presence. Ram quickly marched towards Lakshman's chamber, because that was where both Lakshman and Urmila were grounded for 24 hours by none other than Sumitra and Sunaina. Going by their wordings, both of them need to learn to live together. So, both of them were grounded in Lakshman's room hoping that would work, while Ram and Sita were tensed because there is a possibility that they will find just a single or no soul over there. 

The sound of familiar anklets filled the corridor and a small smile automatically formed on Ram's lips. They both had decided to meet outside Laksh's room and see which of their sibling is alive.

"Morning" both of them muttered at the same time and blushed, gazing towards opposite directions trying to cover it up. 

"Ready?" Ram questioned holding the handles of the giant door as the guards were off duty.

Sita gave a short nod and taking a deep breath Ram finally opened the door.  The scene made both of them aww. Laksh and Mila were leaning by the wall sleeping, their hands still tied. Urmila's head was resting on Lakshman's shoulder while Lakshman as usual was stiff being protective in his sleep as well.

Ram Sita looked at each other dumbstruck. To others, they must be overreacting but only they knew what their siblings were capable of doing.

"Ahem! Ahem," Ram cleared his throat which made Lakshman wiggle his burrows.

"Wake up sleepyheads!" Sita said unknowingly about Laksh's habit.

Hearing Sita's words, Laksh woke up with such a jolt that he forgot about Urmila whose head was resting on his shoulder.

"Oww" Urmila's cry was heard after a thud.

Laksh stared at them wide-eyed while a cursing Urmila stood up rubbing her forehead.

"You dev-" she started but Laksh was immediately by her side covering her mouth with his hand to stop her.

Urmila was about to kick him when Laksh whispered in her ear
"Don't forget what we discussed last night" faking a smile at Ram and Sita.

Ram and Sita were confused as to what was happening. Realization dawned upon Urmila and she sobered herself ignoring her anger, flashing them a best possible genuine smile.

"Didi, bhaiya what are you guys doing here at such an early hour?" She asked as if it was the most genuine question at that time.

"Just checking whether you guys are alive or not," Sita mumbled

"Ohh didi, what could happen to me with such a humble human around?" Urmi stated in a matter of fact.

Ram and Sita were shocked but there was someone who was more shocked but immediately covered it up

"It was my pleasure to have your company princess. You are such a kind soul." Lakshman answered adding more to the duo's confusion.

Ram and Sita both looked at each other as if the other one had grown horns over their head.