Chapter 2- The bond for Eternity

The night was cold. Silence blanketing the palace of Ayodhya. Sumitra was in her chamber trying to make her 1 month old princes asleep.
Shatrughan was already in deep slumber but Lakshman was in no mood to sleep. Sumitra had been trying for past 1.5 hours but Lakshman was reluctant.

"My darling! Please sleep. Your mother is tired don't trouble me. Please sleep!"

Suddenly, Lakshman started crying. To pacify him Sumitra decided to take him to garden. She started pacing around the garden to make him sleep but of no use.

In KAUSHALYA'S chamber

2 months old Ram was asleep but suddenly woke up and started crying like he felt something. Ram was usually a quiet kid much to her mother's relief. But, today something was not right with him.

"What's wrong with you my baby!" Kaushalya picked Ram from his cradle.

For the very first time Ram did not stop crying. She paced back and forth but Ram didn't stop crying. She was passing by the window when she spotted Sumitra in the garden with a crying Lakshman in her arms.

"Seems like I am not the only one" thought Kaushalya.

"Let's go and meet your mother Sumitra and your little brother"

AT GARDEN

"Ohh! My dear sister! You here?"

"Seems like we are sailing in the same boat."

"How come? Ram is such a calm and composed kid!"

"I wonder what's gotten in him. He woke out of blue and began crying. "
**(only if the mothers new the bond between their two sons) **

Ram who was in Kaushalya's arms touched Lakshman's arm. The moment Lakshman sensing Ram's presencs stopped crying. Both of them saw each other and automatically a smile formed on their faces.

Both the mothers were in awee seeing their sons. "Mahadev may their bond remain everlasting and pure althrough" prayed Sumitra

Soon both of them retired to sleep in their mother's arms in the garden. After half an hour when sumitra and Kaushalya decided to move towards their respective chambers hardly they went towards different directions both Ram and Lakshman started crying again in their sleep as if sensing that they were seperated. Both the mothers were shocked.

"Aah! What now!? They are poles of magnets. "

"Hahah...Seems so."

After thinking for a while it was decided that Kaushalya along with Ram will sleep in Sumitra's chamber.

Since that day Ram and Lakshman did everything toghether they were never seperated.

FEW YEARS LATER

Ram was 5 but much more matured than the kids of his age.

Ram was at his most favourite place in the entire Ayodha palace

He was meditating at Mahadev's temple in his Sumitra maa's palace. No other place can be compared to this place.

Sumitra entered the temple in a worry seeing Ram meditating she did not want to disturb him so she turned back to leave just then two small hands touched her feet.

"Pranaam matta"(greetings mother)"

"God bless you Ram!"

"Mother, why are you tensed?"

"Vo tumhara shaitaan bhai phir pareshan kar raha hai mjhe to smajh nhi aati kya kru m uska. Aaj phir khanna chodh kar bhag gya. Ussi ko dhund rhi hun. "(That little devil brother of yours is getting on my nerves. Again i have to run behind him to feed him)

"Don't you worry mother I will find him"

"Oh no,Ram! you should continue with your meditation he is not your game i am finding him since past half an hour but that devil is nowhere"

"Don't worry Maa he will come out on his own."

"Lakshman, where are you?"

Sumitra smiled at Ram's innocence but to her suprise Lakshman actually came out hearing Ram's voice.

"Lakshman, why are you troubling Mata?" ram asked.

"I am not droubling her she is droubling me."

"WHAT" gasped sumitra.

"Lakshman! Bad manners." Ram said in a stern voice.

"But Lam bhaiya ma is forcing me to eat food. I don't want to eat it."

"Don't you want to grow fast!?" asked Ram.

"Whatever but I will not deat it."

By now Sumitra was angry. Ram sensing it thought of a plan.

"Maa! You know Mata Keikeyi was saying she will let only those princes learn horse riding who will finish all their meals on time. "

"Chachi" an excited Lakshman asked.

"Yes Ram! I also remember Keikeyi didi was saying something like this. " Sumitra added.

"Ohh Mata! Why are you wasting my time give me the dlate I will deat it on my own!"

Lakshman took the plate and went towards the garden. Sumitra was about to go behind him when Ram stopped her.

"Mata you must be busy, let me take care of him for you. "

"Are you sure ram? "

"Yes Mata!"

Sumitra left and Ram went behind Lakshman. He saw lakshman at his favourite place near the fountain. He was eating his food.

"Uff Lakshman! You are so clumsy. Here, give me the plate I will feed you."

A happy Laksh at once accepted the offer.

"Lam bhaiya after this we will go to mata feifeyi's chamber."

"Okay but finish your food first."

Ram sensed something around him.

"Will you both keep hiding? or will come and have a bite each from my hand as well!?"

"No bhaiya we are coming" spoke Bharat and Shatrughan in unison

And the four brothers fed each other.

Note - lakshman as a kid cannot speak the words which are in italic and underlined properly😂

-----------------------------------------------------------

So i am back with second chapter of Siya Ram. Do give your reviews. And guyz please share my book with your friends and followers so that it can reach a wider audience.
Take care! Stay safe!!