Chapter 1 - The Prince of Ayodhya

It was a warm afternoon in Ayodhya

It was a warm afternoon in Ayodhya. Queen Sumitra and Queen Kaikeyi were in Queen Kaushalya's chamber. All the three queens were happily talking. Three of them having a big bump.

"Didi, you and Kaikeyi didi are due anytime. I am very excited to welcome the Scions of Ikshvaku" beamed Sumitra

Kaushalya smiled seeing the love Sumitra had for her child even before his birth. The selflessness Sumitra had is rare.

"Sumitra! Even you are due within a month, I want you to look after your health properly. This is not the time to show your care and love for us, I want my son to be perfectly healthy" Kaushalya said in a stern voice putting a loving hand on Sumitra's bump

"But didi... "

"No ifs and buts. This is your elder sister's wish" Kaushalya said

Keikeyi giggled seeing the cute banter between them.

"Didi is right Sumitra" Keikeyi said

"Now you both should go and rest" Kaushalya said

Sumitra paced towards her chamber, she was feeling a bit under the weather today, so she decided to rest for a while. She didn't realise when sleep took over her. She had a peculiar dream a small boy was running around the palace of Ayodhya,his body was blue in colour with four arms each of them holding a Mace, Chakra, Conch and a Lotous. A calm aura surrounded that kid.

Sumitra woke up to noises around her and realised it was evening. She had slept way too long. When she gained complete concious she noticed dasis running around.

"why didn't you wake me up?"

"Maharani came to meet you and she strictly ordered us to not to disturb you" informed the dasi

"Why is everyone in hurry!?"

"Maharani is in labor.... "

Even before the dasi could complete, Sumitra was out of her chamber. She reached Kaushalya's chamber and could hear her cries.

"Sumitra!! Finally you are here. You were sleeping so we didn't disturb you" Dasharath said

"Maharaj, How is didi?"

" I don't know. Kaikeyi is with her, its been half an hour but her screamings have no end " remarked Dasharath in a concerned voice.

Sumitra entered Kaushalya's chamber and saw the latter screaming in pain.
It was only after 2 to 3 hours when Kaushalya delivered a baby boy.

Everyone in room was in awe seeing the beauty of the child. Sumitra felt the same calmness surrounding her as she felt in her dream.

King Dasharath along with guru Vasishth entered the chamber. Ayurvati handed over the prince to King Dasharath. Happy tears formed his eyes.

"Gurudev, Please name my jeshth putra" Dasharath beamed

"This child is born to take the name of Raghuvanshis to new height. He is a blessing to the Raghukul. He will change the destiny of Aryavart. He will be an undefetable worrior. There was no one like him before and never will be born. Therefore, I, Vasishth, name Raghukul Tilak as

RAM"

Everyone was overjoyed."Decorate whole Ayodhya as newly wedded bride. No soul should left deprived of the blessings the prince brought with him." an excited king declared.

Dashrath took Ram towards Kaushalya when she extended her arms to take the baby prince and caressed his head. She was very tired and soon went into deep slumber. Ayurvati informed that Maharani is having fever but will be well by morning. Soon everyone retired to their chambers leaving Ram and Kaushalya to take rest.

Sumitra informed the dasi if Ram wakes up she should not disturb Kaushalya instead call for her.

It was midnight but Sumitra was having a hard time to sleep. She was talking to her baby growing in her womb "You know your jeysth bhratha has arrived, now, you should also arrive soon. Don't let him and your mothers and father wait too much"

Her thoughts wandered off to Ram. She decides to see him. When she reached Kaushalya's chamber as expected he was awake and the dasis were having a hard time to pacify him.

With a wide smile she took Ram in her hands " Ooh! My sweet child havin hard time to sleep. Don't you worry little one your mother is here to calm you with lullaby."

After an hour of continuous humming Ram was finally asleep. Ram was holding Sumitra's finger in his palm. Sumitra's content knew no bounds.

She checked on Kaushalya,she was fine. She dismissed all the dasis.

Next morning when Kaushalya woke up the scene next to her made her heart melt. Ram was contently sleeping beside Sumitra, his little palm still grabbing Sumitra's finger.

The dasis informed her about the events which took place the previous night and she smiled looking at them.

She covered Sumitra with a quilt and proceeded towards her morning rituals feeling thankful for such a lovely sister.

-----------------------------------------------------------
So guys how did you like the first story. Hope you like it. Do give your feedback.
Stay home! Stay safe!