Chapter 2: First Night

11:30pm

Kyle was getting ready for his first night at Klub Ice. He was getting his bag ready with a flashlight, phone, some Doritos, and a water bottle. Most importantly, his car keys.

"Are you getting ready?" His mom yelled at him from downstairs.

"Yes mom! I'm almost done!" He yelled back. He changed into his uniform which was a white long sleeved shirt and pink pants. He put on his black shoes and for the finishing touch, his white police cap with golden KI pinned on it. He looked himself in the mirror.

'Something's missing' he thought. He looked back at the clothe he had taken off. He grabbed his no sleeve pink vest and put it on. Now it looked better.

He grabbed his bag, taking out his car keys, and heading downstairs. His mom and sister were waiting to see him. She gasped in amazement.

"Oh honey... you look all grown up!" Kyle's mom gave him a hug.

"Thanks mom. Its just a job, not a carrier" Kyle joked.

"Still, you look wonderful".

Ashley just stared at him.

"Not bad bro. You look mature for once" Ashley sorta joked and insulted him.

"Thanks. I need to go. See ya" Kyle walked to the door and exiting his house. Goodbyes could be heard from behind the shut door.

Kyle took a deep breath before walking to his car with his keys in hand and bag in the other. His last sweet breath of an unemployed man. Once he gets to his car and drives, he would be a worker.

11:54pm

Kyle parked his car in the empty lot. His car was the only one there besides another car which was Sundee's car. He got out, putting his keys in the bag, and walked up to the door. Mr. Sundee was waiting for him with a weak smile.

"Glad to see you've came".

"I wouldn't miss my first day of work" Kyle gave a weak smile as well. Mr. Sundee took out his keys and opened the door of the building.

"You know where your office is. You need to remember about the power level. Be wise with it".

"Will do sir".

"Please, call me Sundee or Ian" Mr. Sundee handed Kyle the key to the building and the stun gun.

"You have a flashlight, food and water bottle?" Kyle nodded.

"Ok, lock the door from the inside. I will see you in the morning... probably..." Mr. Sundee walked off to his car and drove away leaving Kyle starring at the building. It looked creepy during night time. He shrugged it off and walked in, locking the door from inside and putting away the keys.

11:59pm

Kyle settled into his office area. So far, it looked like a great job. Just watching over a creepy pizza place and making sure no intruder barged in and, I don't know, stole the animatronics. But who would want those filthy things. Their pretty damn old besides the new one they added. Besides taking care of the place, all he could do was slouch and be lazy. Plus watching over the power.

"This should be a piece of cake" Kyle whispered to himself, leaning back into the chair and putting his feet on the desk.

12:00am

Night one has officially begun.

The phone on the desk started to ring and Kyle fell back off his chair and hitting the floor. He was startled a bit from the unexpected noise.