Chapter 10: Last Day To Say Goodbye

Kyle comfortably slept in his bed until something started tapping his forehead. He chose to ignore it, but the tapping got harder and more frequent. That's when Kyle got annoyed and snapped.

"I swear to god. You guys already gave me pink hair. What else do you want?" Kyle shot up from bed and slightly yelled. As his vision cleared, he saw Jennie sitting criss crossed and looking at him.

"Oh, sorry Jennie. What do you want?" Kyle sat back down.

"I just wanted to check you were fine and not hurt and..." Jennie trailed off.

"Don't worry little sis. I'm fine" Kyle told her.

"But why didn't you stay hurt longer?" Jennie asked him.

"Why i-? What?" Kyle looked at her puzzled.

"Why couldn't you have been hurt longer so I wouldn't go to school today" Jennie blurted out.

"Jennie, is something wrong at school?" Kyle looked at her seriously.

"Ye-no! This was stupid" Jennie got up on her feet. "I'm going to my room."

"Wait" Kyle stopped her sister from leaving his room. Jennie politely stopped her footing.

"What?" She asked, turning to look at him.

"Are you being bullied at school?" Kyle got off his bed and stood on both feet, not carrying if she saw his boxers.

"Uh... no. Even if I was, which I'm not saying I am, why would you care?" Jennie asked him. Kyle approached her till they were close enough to hear their own heart beat. Kyle kneeled down to be somewhat at her level.

"I care because I was bullied once too" Kyle explained.

"Ha! You? You must be joking" Jennie laughed.

"I am not joking. What's worse is that I was younger than what you are now" Kyle got back up.

"No way you had it worse than me right now" Jennie argued.

"Let's see, sit down" Kyle walked back to his bed, Sat down and patted a spot next to him. Jennie rolled her eyes and sat down next to him.

"It started when we first moved here. You weren't born yet. If I recall correctly, I think you were in moms belly" Kyle started off the story.

"Ok, go on" Jennie nodded.

New school means new opportunities. Anything could've happened, but I got the worst of it. On the first day, I got to my school and followed all they told me. I was that one new kid who didn't start at the beginning of classes so I had to catch up on what I had lost.

It went very smoothly till I came across the elementary school bullies. I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I first encountered them. They seemed like regular school kids.

It was at lunch time, I was getting my tray of food and paying for it. As I went to see where I could sit, I was suddenly tripped. Somehow, with my world record of clumsiness I managed to stop my footing before falling and dropping my food.

"Hey! What was that about?" I turned around to the guy who tripped me. He had a smirk on his face higher than I've ever seen anyone.

"Got a problem kid" the guys voice was cold an ominous.

"Kid? We're in the same grade" I countered back.

"You won't tell about this to anyone, got me?" The guy demanded me.

I walked away with no other word. I was determined to get him in trouble, so I told on him.

"Woah!" Jennie stopped in awe. "You had courage to tell on him!"