Epilogue: The Funeral

Kyle flickered his eyes open, slowly adjusting to the world around him.

A pure white tiled ceiling with light grey walls appeared at his vision.

He could hear the beeping of a heart monitor tracing his own thump of his heart.

"He's waking up!" Someone yelled.

"Sh! Don't yell, this is a hospital" Another voice echoed.

Kyle noticed he was on a hospital bed with a light blue robe covering his body and a darker blue blanket over him.

"Kyle?" A younger female sounding voice called out.

Kyle had no words.

He was alive.

He was still in this world.

"I'm... here" Kyle spoke, sounding dry from how long he hasn't spoken.

"Kyle! You're okay!" Two boys spoke in unison as they approached to hug him first.

Their sudden contact startled Kyle, making him jolt up in a sitting position on his bed.

He looked down on who the two boys were. It was his two twin younger siblings, Branson and Brandon.

"Hey! Leave some Kyle for me" the female voice called out, running to hug him.

Jennie, his younger and only sister now.

"Glad you're okay Kyle" Mr. Sundee sighed in relief.

Kyle looked at him with teary eyes.

"I'm here too!" Ross screamed.

"Ross, I told you not to scream in the hospital" Mr. Sundee looked at him.

"Yeah, but I'm excited" Ross argued.

Mr. Sundee rolled his eyes and brought his attention to Kyle, "Anyway, sorry Dar couldn't make it. He had to work today, but he should be released later today and come see you."

"Why am I here..." Kyle spoke again.

"Cause you got hurt" Branson responded.

"True that twin bro, true that" Brandon high fived Branson.

"By the way, mom feels bad about hitting you last time. So she chose not to come, thinking you'd be mad at her" Jennie explained.

"And she allowed me to bring your siblings" Mr. Sundee added on.

"I'm here to give support" Ross butt in.

"But why?" Kyle looked down.

"Because that's what frie-"

"No!" Kyle interrupted Ross, "Why did you bring me here?!"

Everyone stayed silent as the attention was on Kyle's concern.

"Why?! Why couldn't you just let me burn to a crisp back there!" Kyle turned his head at Mr. Sundee.

Mr. Sundee was surprised on the words coming out of his mouth, but yet at ease and understanding.

"I don't want to be here anymore!" Kyle brought his hands to his hair and gripped hard on the pink strands as if about to tear them out.

"I don't want to live anymore!"

"Kyle, it'll be okay" Jennie tried calming him down.

"You just lost your older sister!" Kyle darted his face towards her.

Tears poured out of his eyes, making his cheeks wet and plump.

"Don't you feel dead inside?!?"

"Hey Kyle, knock it off" Ross pulled Jennie close to him, making sure she was at a safe distance.