All Might x reader part 2

Mulai dari awal

You swivelled around to look but jumped at the figure looming above.

This man was tall. Taller than many you’d ever seen before; and very, very thin. His gaunt face made for a haunting appearance. Coupled with his dishevelled blonde hair and baggy clothes that hung off his frail frame, it was hard not to assume he was some crazy guy. Or maybe even a druggie?

You swallowed nervously, looking down at his outstretched hand not knowing what to expect and preparing for the worst --

Oh.

It was your wallet.

“It fell um… by the door.”

“Oh! Geez, thank you so much! ” You took the wallet back gratefully, noting how bony and long his fingers were at a quick glance. “You’re a lifesaver. God knows I would’ve been up all night searching for it!”

He gave a thin smile and nodded. For a moment the both of you stayed staring in silence, a weird tension forming in your gut. You swallowed and bowed your head.

“W-Well… Again, I appreciate it!”

The man seemed to have noticed your discomfort and quickly nodded, waving. “It’s no problem…!”

He quickly made his way a few barstools down and you returned to the drink in hand. You allowed your thoughts to still once more and slowly breathed in, exhaling on the count of five. The television went on in the background as you settled. Something about a bank robbery and some up and coming heroes saving the day. You munched on your chips and paid no mind.

It wasn’t until you shifted to face the bar that out of the corner of your eye, you noticed he was looking at you. Not quite staring, but during lull moments the man would look from his cup and in your direction. You scoped out the other side of the bar, noticing no one else was within the area.

Damnit, shit, crap. What if this dude’s a frickin’ stalker…?

You coughed into your palm, casually stretching and yawning. Maybe you could talk your way out of a potentially undesirable scenario. At the very least, you were moderate friends with the bartender. He’d have your back if things went ass up.

“So…” You turned to the man with a chill smile. “I uh… haven’t seen you around here before.”

The man looked surprised as you spoke to him. He cleared his throat and touched his fingertips together. “I’m… new. In this part of town.”

“Oh? That’s pretty exciting. How are you liking it so far?”

He nodded a few times before answering. “It’s nice.”

“Yeah. I’ve only been here four… five years, myself. I can confirm you have good taste in bars, though.”

His smile widened a bit. You swirled the drink in your glass and shrugged.

“They have some pretty nice bakeries around here, too. And the view on the beach is so damn lovely at dusk. One of the best I’ve seen in Japan.”

“I’ll have to go there sometime,” the man hummed low.

“I recommend the taiyaki stand there, too. It’s hella bomb.”

The man chuckled, a surprisingly pleasant sound that made you feel… warm? Or maybe that was your third drink.

“It’s been a while since I’ve had a good taiyaki.”

“Same! I mean, taiyaki is always good, you know what I’m sayin’? But this taiyaki is gooood.”

He laughed, coughing into his fist and leaning against the bar. His features began to relax and you noticed he wasn’t too scary looking after all. In fact, he felt more sheepish, maybe even lonely? He was in a new part of town, to be fair. Making new friends can be a bit intimidating.

You were just about to say something when the news caught your attention. The wide chinned caster cheerfully boasted about an event coming to Tokyo this summer. Next to him sat the ever broad, smiling All Might dressed in his famous yellow suit.

“...exciting bulletin from the man himself! All Might will be joining us here in Tokyo for the annual Hero Recognition Parade!”

All Might’s signature laugh rang throughout the bar. With a valiant sweep of his arms, he pointed to the camera enthusiastically. “That’s right, ladies and gentlemen! Tickets are for sale online and in-store! Don’t miss out on this glorious opportunity to see your favourite heroes…”

“Hey, Reo…” You flagged down the barkeep, motioning to the television. “Change it to the game, would ya?”

The bartender lifted a brow but didn’t care to question, flicking the switch to a rerun of last week’s football match. You stared into your drink absently as the ice swirled around in an endless vortex.

Only when the blonde man cleared his throat did you come back to yourself.

“Are you… a fan of football?”

“Nope.”

You didn’t bother to look his way.

After a little while, and a few drinks later, your brain finally settled into a pleasant buzz. The game was over and the few patrons around the dining area had left; all but you, the blonde man, and the bartender.

Opening the app on your phone, you hailed a cab just to be on the safe side. The apartment complex wasn’t too far away, but it was just after midnight and you weren’t lookin’ for trouble. Reaching into your wallet, you pulled out a few bills and tossed them on the counter.

“Cover whatever he’s got.”

The blonde man blinked. “Oh, no, no, I couldn’t--”

“Eh, stop worryin’ about it. It’s the weekend.” You stood and stretched, lifting your bag. “Welcome to this part of town. I hope you like it here.”

You were just about to leave when he piped up urgently.

“Um, wait uh… what’s your name? T… to thank you properly. I’m--”

You lifted a hand and shook your head, smiling cheekily. “Ah, ah. I don’t wanna hear it. Maybe if we run into each other next time or something. Not really into formalities so we’ll leave it at this tonight… stranger.”

The man seemed to ponder for a second before nodding.

“Okay… um, thank you. Miss Stranger.”

You barked laughter a little too loudly, waving. Before he could say anything else you were out the door and into the coolness of the night.

Word count- 1651