yandere! Tomura Shigaraki x reader

Resisting looks different for everyone.

For some who are stronger, they might fight their way out of a situation. For those who are defiant, they could even use their words to lash out bitterly. But for you, neither of those options look realistic at this point. The profound gap in strength was almost laughable.

Stinging bitterness is all it takes to keep you from unraveling. A single piece of thread at a time, Tomura had began to tear down your willpower. What he lacks in eloquence he makes up for in intimidation. Constantly berating you for your lack of acceptance towards him.

“You still won’t speak?” Tomura sneers towards you, displeasure growing at your open defiance. He’s been pestering you insistently for hours now. He switches between rambling about League affairs, to his deeply rooted hatred of hero culture, but always circles back to you.

Throughout the exhausting affair, your mouth remains glued. It was no secret that Tomura abhorred being disregarded. Any form of reaction obtained from you would be better than nothing. But you felt a sick pleasure in denying him what he wants most, you.

Controlling your body’s reactions isn’t easy, but your burning resentment towards him was enough to motivate you. Ignoring your drumming heart and displaying a facade of calm was a learned art that you’ve acquired in your time with Tomura.

Tomura doesn’t try to hide his irritation, showing you every ugly emotion he has to offer. His eyes look bloodshot, attempting to pierce through your being. With as much strength as you can muster, you look to the side.

“[First], you’re really testing me…”

He trails off, eyes twitching. A grimace sits on his face, lips pulling back to snarl. You purse your lips close together, to add salt to the wound. Tomura is silent for all but a moment, an absence of sound overtaking the room.

Then, he moves from his spot across from you. It’s a menacing feeling, his dark aura putting you on edge. His crushing presence hovers above you, threatening you silently. Your own body can no longer ignore the signs of anxiety, your hands curling instinctively by your side.

“Still, I won’t kill you,” Tomura muses to himself, his voice low and hushed. “No, I couldn’t dream of it. But there are things worse than death.”

“Speak to me.”

“…”

“I said, speak to me.”

“…”

Tomura reaches his hand downwards, swooping in close to you. Finally eliciting a reaction, you gasp at the incoming threat. Eyes widening look a predator’s, you assume a position to fight back if necessary.

He paused his movements at the last moment, his hand ghosting over the skin of your neck. His eyes are wild, like a monster, unconstrained. His heavy breathing was only matched by your own, chaos settling into his gaze.

“You make everything so difficult.” Tomura murmurs dejectedly, pulling his hand away. You feel a sense of dread lifting from your shivering being, air desperate to fill your lungs once more. He still drinks in your expression of horror, strange delight replacing his previous angst.

“I promise, I want nothing more than to reward you.”

He smiles in an unnatural way, far removed from any humanity.

“But sometimes a punishment is necessary.”

Word count- 544