Hitoshi Shinsou x reader

Night after night, Hitoshi would get at most four hours of sleep a night. No matter how hard you tried, he just wouldn't take a break and sleep.

You watched as he sat on the couch with his eyes closed. He wasn't sleeping. He was just sitting with his eyes closed. "Hitoshi this isn't healthy." You said.

He looked at you with his usual tired expression. "I'm fine. You don't need to worry." He tried to take a sip of his coffee but he missed his mouth completely.

You sighed and sat next to him. "You're not. The bags under your eyes look worse that they did before." He rubbed his eyes and shook his head. "It's my job. I need to stay awake, I patrol tonight again."

He walked off, stumbling a bit to the bathroom. You needed to do something, he couldn't go on like this.

During the night patrol, you took the shift so you could watch him. "This is rare. We never patrol together." He said, giving you a smirk. "Well, why can't I patrol with my boyfriend." You said. He rolled his eyes and continued patrolling.

You two were standing on the roof of a building talking. He was looking over the city and you could see him nodding off. You shook him away and his head jerked up. "Hitoshi, I told you that you need sleep." "(Y/N), I'm fine we need to patrol."

You both looked at the city once more, but you were glancing at Hitoshi to make sure that he stayed awake. A few minutes passed and you saw Hitoshi lean forward.

You looked at him and quickly pulled his collar back so he wouldn't fall off the building. You hugged him and looked at him. "See! I'm worried! You could have fallen off the building!"

He looked away and spoke up. "I know you're worried. I know that I can't keep going like this. But you and I know how hard I worked to get a pro hero license. I'll try to get more sleep, but I'm still gonna do my job."

You two looked at each other and you sighed. You knew he couldn't change his mind. "Okay, but I'm gonna watch over you so you don't go falling off buildings." He agreed and you finished the shift together.

The next time he was supposed to work, you were at the door. "You're not gonna be working tonight." "What are you talking about, (Y/N)?" "I've talked it over. More like forced them, but anyway, you are going to sleep tonight. You are going to get at least eight hours of sleep. You are going to start working an earlier shift. You are going to be well rested because I don't want you to fall off a building."

You pushed him to the bedroom and he slightly protested. "But, I've got to work." You sat him on the bed and got in with him. He went to get up but you pulled him back.

"We are going to sleep and you are getting much needed rest, okay?" He muttered an okay and laid down. He couldn't fall asleep so you started playing with his hair. Soon he was nodding off to sleep. "Hey, (Y/N)?" "Yeah?" "I really love you, you know that?" "Yeah, I love you too." And you two drifted off to sleep.

Word count- 569