Tenya Iida x reader

Iida was a little surprised when you asked to join him on his evening run. For one, you didn’t have a speed quirk. Two, you had never shown an interest before. He agreed to let you tag along. Telling you repetitively to wear the right shoes, bring a water bottle, and stretch beforehand.

All of which you did.  You were in running shorts and a tank top. Matching Iida’s outfit almost perfectly. The run started out great. You were managing to stay beside him for the most part.

Up until you hit the five mile mark. Then you started to slow down. Or perhaps Iida was speeding up. You couldn’t tell through the black spots in your vision. You were starting to struggle to breath.

Struggling to keep up. Your legs were burning. You felt like you were about to die. Iida hadn’t even broken a sweat yet. You couldn’t keep up for much longer, so you slowed your pace to a stop.

Leaning onto your knees as you tried to catch your breath. When you looked up you found out Iida was long gone. It took him some time to notice you weren’t beside him anymore. He stopped in his tracks, thinking you had probably fallen behind. But a quick survey of the street revealed that you were no where in sight.

He wasn’t too worried yet. He knew he was much faster than you. He finally started to fret when he turned onto the last street you were both on. You were laying in the middle of the sidewalk unmoving. He about broke the sound barrier getting to you. He dropped into a crouch, brow furrowed with worry.

“Y/n! Are you alright? Do you need help? What’s wrong?” He rambled a million miles a second.

“I gave up. Too tired to keep going,” you explained in between wheezes. You were in shape but running for five miles straight was not your forte. You were a short distance sprinter not ling distance. Now that Iida thought about it he felt pretty bad. He hadn’t taken into consideration you weren’t used to long sprints.

It was obvious your body would give out within a short period of time. He should’ve been more considerate. He’d pushed you past your limit and you didn’t even stop to try and tell him. What kind of a boyfriend was he? He started to pick you up startling you.

You gave a squeak of alarm as you wrapped your arms around his neck. Trying to keep yourself from falling.

“I’ll carry you the rest of the way,” he frowned.

“You don’t have to do that! I can walk or take the bus back to the dorms,” you grimaced sitting upright. Your legs felt like jello, so the bus was probably the better option. Iida shook his head, already beginning the trek back towards the school. Still carrying you bridal style.

“No, i didn’t take into account you were unprepared for this run. I want to apologize and make it up to you.”

“It’s fine, Iida,” you reassured him. However his frown only grew as he walked.

“Please, Y/n?”

The look of absolute concern had you smiling. He looked like a puppy trying to figure something out. How could he be so cute?

“Alright, but once we get to the front steps you have to put me down,” you sighed. It wasn’t that you didn’t mind being carried. It was the fact you were four feet off the ground and being carried at high speeds. 

“I promise i will,” he nodded. You leaned your head against his shoulder as he broke into a sprint. It wasn’t as scary as you thought. It was actually pretty fun.

Maybe going on runs with Iida wasn’t so bad after all.

Word count- 636