Nah Uh! No Way!

"Is everything okay?" A deep voice came next and he froze when he saw me. My dad looked exactly as I remembered. He didn't seem to age a day. Oh my God I hope I got those genes.

Shock registered on his face before tears spilled over his eyes. He held his arms out and I ran to him like the kid that I am. "Lilac? It's really you? You're really here?" He sniffled in my neck. He pulled back to look  at me then hugged me again almost squeezing the life out of me.

"Laura! Guess who's here?" He shouts and a very young blonde lady came waddling to the door. 

I guess dad was busy throughout the years. Okay dad, I see you.

"Oh you're here?" She smiled at me. "I'm Laura. We talked on the phone." She stretched her hand out to  me but I grabbed her and hugged her. She giggled a bit before greeting Ace. I didn't even know I was crying until I felt Ace wiped my tears. The curly girl in his hands swat his arms away from my face and I stared at her confused.

"This is Ethan." Laura introduced the little blonde boy. "And that is Elsie. They are your siblings. Well Ethan is your step brother but Elsie is-"

"I get it." I cut her off grinning. "They are my brother and sister. I can't believe I have a baby brother. " I said looking at Ethan. He hid behind his mom and peeked up at me.

"He's shy and doesn't speak much." She told me. "Ethan greet your big sister." She told him. He waved shyly at me and I smiled even bigger.

"Mind my manners. Come in." Laura said and held her hands out for Elsie to come to her. Elsie turned her face and hugged Ace even tighter.

"I see Elsie has taken a liking to Ace." I commented hoping that dad would take her but he just rolled his eyes and mumbled "I have no idea what that man does to my daughters." I laughed a bit and followed Laura inside.

If I thought outside was beautiful then I was mistaken. I was so smitten by this house that I really don't think I would ever want to leave. The inside was beautifully decorated. The furniture weren't expensive looking but the lay out and design of it all was amazing.

Laura led us to the living room and we all sat in the chairs. Ace and I took the love seat and Elsie sat in his lap. She still clung to him for what ever reason and I still wanted to just grab her from him. This chick is tryna steal my baby and she ain't even 2 yet.

Shockingly though, Ethan made his way over to me and sat on my lap. Both dad and Laura seemed shocked but didn't say anything.

"So, how are you?" My dad begin.

"As of right now, everything is perfect." I told him with a smile.

"After I hadn't heard from you I didn't expect to see you here today."

"Actually... about that..... I had no idea you wrote to me."

"What do you mean?" He asked confused. "Lilac, I wrote to you every chance I got. I even asked Laura to mail some of the letters."

"Dad.. I really didn't know. Ace and I just found those letters yesterday when we were looking for documents about the family lawyer."

"I am so confused."

"Her mom hid your letters in the floor boards and she wasn't allowed in her mom's room." Ace commented.

"You've got to be kidding me. She is still so controlling?" He asked.

"You have no idea." Ace responded and I jabbed him in his side. Elsie smacked me back and I looked at the little girl confused. I think she has this all wrong.