Chapter 9

Bria's POV

My mom questioned me the whole drive home. She claimed that she saw something between us. I don't know what she think she saw but all I know is that she needed to get her eyes checked. The hate was clear in both of our eyes. I swear sometimes my mom paranoia can be annoying.

"Mom, can I go over to Ash's house when Ace starts fixing my car? I really don't trust him with my baby."

"Is this your way of secretly meeting him? If so, the answer is no!"

"Mom he is not even my type"

"Oh so you have a type? Didn't I warn you to keep away form the opposite sex?"

"Mom! I don't have a type but I just know that even if I did, Ace is not it"

"I don't want you around that boy. He seem like trouble"

"Mom, you just met the guy."

"And now you're defending him"

"I'm not. I just don't think-"

"Look Bria, I get that you are young and what not but men are not always as they claim to be"

"Mom, I told you before I hate him and i'm sure he hates me as well. I just want to make sure he doesn't cut the brakes from my car or anything"

"Okay, i'll believe you this once"

"Thank you. So is that a yes? Can I go?"

"Yeah, sure. What ever"

I fist pumped the air and let out a small yes. After our little debate, the car fell silent as we drove home. Mom dropped me off and claimed to be going to the store to get groceries. Usually she would take me with her to the store but for some reason she didn't even offer and I was not about to bring it up. Plus the store was on the way home so we both could've stopped there before going home but she didn't which is rather strange. I let her do her thing though. I observed her behavior but didn't question it.

***

I know I said that I was never gonna step foot in Ash's house again but I had to. My baby was there. Ash thought I was coming over to spend time with her which I was but I also wanted to supervise my baby as well. 

When I got there after school, Ash was already in her room and Ace sat in the living room on his laptop.

"Aren't you suppose to be fixing my car?" I asked rudely.

"Didn't your mom ever teach you respect?"

'What is that suppose to mean?"

"You come to my house and instead of greeting me like a normal guest would, you're already down my throat"

"Because you're suppose to be fixing my car. I need my car"

"Is that why you came over here? To monitor me? Fine! The car is in the garage you can take it when you leave"

"Ugh!" I stomped angrily. Ash came running down the stairs.

"Hey, What's going on here?" She asked.

"Your stupid step brother is suppose to be fixing my car but instead he is in here having the time of his life." Ash ran to my side and grabbed my arms in a comforting way.

"Calm down Bria, Ace knows what he is doing"

"And what exactly is he doing? Other than wasting my time!" I shout.

"Like I said Lyla, the car is in the garage for you to take on your way out." Ace responded.

"Ace can't you just fix her car?" Ashley begged.