Chapter 11

Bria's POV

When I got back down to the dinner table I took my seat and tried to join the on going discussion at the table but found it near impossible. The only thing that occupied my mind at that moment were Ace's lips on mine which was why I remained silent throughout the duration of dinner.

"Bria?" Cara's concerned voice called me from my thoughts. I looked up and was met with three pairs of eyes staring back at me expectantly.

"I think he broke her" Ash told her mother and I just rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Are you okay?" Cara asked me.

"Yes, I am. Why?"

"It's just that you've been zoning out since you came back from Ace's room"

"I'm fine. Nothing happened" I told her and watched as she gave me a scrutinizing look.

"What did you think I'd do to her?" Ace's deep voice came from behind me startling me a little. I flinched a bit and Ash noticed.

"Bria, can I see you in the kitchen for a minute?" Ash asked. I nod and followed her lead to the kitchen for privacy.

"So, start talking. What happened?" She questioned as she poured herself a glass of milk.

"I already told you... Nothing happened" I told her but she didn't seem to believe me.

"Then why were you so quiet out there? You're usually so talkative that we all secretly wish you would be quiet."

"Gee, thanks." I mumbled softly. She turned to me once again.

"He didn't hurt you did he?"

"That's weird. I'm usually the one asking you these questions after you return from going anywhere with him."

"This is not a joking matter Bree"

"Who says i'm joking? I told you, nothing happened. We just sat in his room and talked a bit. That's all."

"You guys talked?"

"Yes we did. Why is that so hard to believe?"

"Umm, because you're Ace and Bria. You guys hate each other. I mean, you argue like cats and dogs. What can you guys possibly talk about?"

"Just stuff okay? Now can we go back to the table? I'm still hungry."

"Sure. Fine" she mumbled and we went back to the table. I could tell she still had stuff on her mind as she pushed stuff around her plate. I almost weakened enough to tell her but a part of me was scared of her reaction.

After dinner I helped her wash the plates then proceed to the living room for their usual family game night. Of course Ace was absent throughout the whole family night bonding process but that's just how he is. Prick!

***

The following morning as I got ready for school I couldn't help but think about my mom. She's being so queer lately. I want to ask questions but when I think about how happy she is I just shut up. I am grateful for her allowing me to sleep at Ashley's but I just can't help feeling something was off. I mean, did she forget that Ashley has a step dad and a step brother? Last I checked they are both of the opposite sex.

It's not that I am complaining. I love the bit of freedom I have now that she is happy but it's what would happen after the happiness wears off is what worries me.

Ace offered to drop Ash and I to school this morning. Of course everyone found it strange for him to offer but we dare not comment. As for me? I couldn't even look the guy in the eyes. I could feel his eyes on me the whole drive and I was hella uncomfortable. Ash tried to have conversations with him but gave up after noticing his one word rebuttal and his monosyllabic answers. The drive was so awkward. I was dying to get out of the car.