Chapter 37

A/N

So.. Apparently one of the steamy pics I've placed in this book has been flagged. So.. I'll remove them all and from here on out, I guess we'll all have to use our imagination. Capiche? Thank You.
Now proceed.

~Delcie.

Bria's POV

"What?"

"I didn't want you to judge me. That's why I didn't say anything before."

"Then why are you telling me now?"

"Because, I don't want you to hear it from somewhere else."

"But Ash, Didn't you tell me that he was dating Hailey? I'm genuinely confused right now."

"He doesn't really want Hailey. We've been f**king behind her back for months."

"But Ash, Aren't you and Hailey Close? How could you do that to her?"

"Pfft! Close? Hell no. That was all just a show to annoy Ace. He said he would tell her about us but he didn't."

"And now?"

"I'm not sure and I really don't care. I love him Bree. Aren't you happy for me?"

"Happy?.... Happy? Ash what kind of friend steals her best friends boyfriend?! That is not okay! It is not cool!"

"Excuse me?! I told you before that Hailey and I aren't close. Unless you are referring to yourself."

"What?"

"I saw you kiss Ace, Bria."

"He kissed me. And so?"

"You didn't push him away."

"I was surprised! And Even if I were talking about myself would you have done that to me? Ash are you mad at me or something?" I asked and she clenched her jaw.

"No I'm not mad! I just thought that you of all people would at least be happy for me. Like a true best friend would." So she totally just ignored the part where I asked if she would've done that to me right there?

"Ash I want to be happy for you. I just don't like the way you used Hailey to get to Ace."

"I thought you didn't like her."

"I don't."

"Then why are you defending her right now?"

"Because what you did was wrong!"

"Urgh! I can't with you right now." She said and stormed off.

Spoiled Brat!

***

After school, Ace came to pick Ash up like usual and I decided to pay attention to their interaction.

She ran over to him and wrapped her arms tightly around him. He stumbled back a bit before pushing her away from himself and giving her a glare. That girl tries too hard I swear. His eyes met mine over her shoulder and I smiled at him. He gave me a wink and head back to his car.

When I got home, I busied myself with home work and assignments to keep myself at the top of the class. I showered when I had completed all my assignments and went downstairs to make myself some dinner. Once again, my mom was not home. Today she was 'working late'. I was thankful for the space but I just didn't like the fact that she was lying to me. She claims that she is the adult and I am the child but here she was sneaking around almost as much as I was. I don't understand her sometimes. She claims that men are so evil yet she still sneaks around with one and even lies about it. I mean, why would she need a mans underwear? Does she really think that I am that stupid? I am the top student in my class for a reason. I may be naive but not that naive.