Chapter 43

100K Reads already?? WOW. Thanks everyone for reading and showing support. Please don't be scared to SHARE this book as many times as you'd like. Thank you very much. 

Bria's POV

"I dare you to try taking her from me again." 

Ace had told the cop. He plays too much but I knew somewhere deep inside he was serious about it. The cop just shook his head and laughed.

When the medics arrived, they took my mom with them but before she was out the door, she turned to me one last time. "You are gonna regret this! Someday, when you look back you'll be able to see that everything I did for you was out of love but by then it'll be too late. I hope your kids don't turn out anything like you. You are such a disappointment!" She said and tears flowed freely down my cheeks.

"You know what? I'm sick of this!" I screamed. I marched over to my mom but Ace held me back.

"No, I need to settle this once and for all!" Everyone looked at me confused but I needed to do this.

"What is your problem with Ace huh? Screw that! What is your problem with men?"

"We already had this discussion but you didn't listen so I think it's time you learn something."

"Learn something? Mother the only thing I was able to learn from you was how to hate myself. Thank God Ace had been there for me or God knows what could've happened."

"Better things could've happened!"

"Mom, I became exactly what I wanted to become and that had nothing to do with you! Heck, you were wound so tight that I lost a few marks in assignments because I couldn't go to a friends house for group assignments. Did you even know that Ace has helped me with homework a few times? Did you even know that there were times when he would come to my room and see me crying and took me away to get my mind off things? Did you even know that the same Ace that you hate so much was always gentle with me? You said men were scums but did you know that that fool stuck around even though he knew what kind of parent you were? Any other man might've ran for the hills but he stayed and that meant a lot to me. So for you to force me to abort this man's first child struck something in me. I had enough!"

"So you are saying that he is responsible for all your success? Well then, where was he when you puking your guts out at every tick of the clock? Where was he when you needed food or books?"

"YOU HAD HIM TAKEN AWAY!! DON'T YOU GET IT? If you didn't have such a giant stick up your ass we might've still had a relationship. Who knows? Maybe the child that you killed might've been the one to fix us. But we'll never know because just like you had Ace sent away, Now your being done the same. Karma is a b*tch ain't she? I hope you have a nice life."

"Like I said, you will regret this! You are  just like your father."

"Like hell I will! And just so you know, I'm staying at Ace's tonight and who knows? I might let him put another baby in me." I teased and laughed when I noticed how deranged she became. That should sell our crazy story just perfectly.

After she was taken, everyone looked at each other for a bit before all eyes fell on me. "Are you okay?" They asked in unison.

"Why would I not be?"

"Your mom was just taken to a mental institution."

"Um.. Are you crazy? My mom is right there." I said pointing to Liz who had tears in her eyes. She pulled me into a hug before turning to Ace.

"You better treat her right or i'll castrate you myself." She told him.

"Babe, what's with you and being surrounded by crazy women?" He asked and she tried to reach for him. He flinched and stepped back causing everyone to laugh.