Chaper 24

Bria's POV

"Mom?"

"Yes Brianna. Care to explain why I got a call from the principle this morning about you missing school yesterday?"

"What?"

"You heard me. Where were you yesterday Brianna? I was certain I saw you left the house yesterday."

"I did"

"But?"

"I came to school Mom."

"Little girl, don't make me hit you! Are you saying that the principle is lying? Is that it?"

"I'm not saying that but.."

"Where were you?!" She screamed at me but I remained silent with my head hung lowly.

"I don't know what to do with you! I really don't. I've never had to deal with trouble like this so what's with the sudden change of behavior huh? What is wrong with you?" She paused and waited for a response from me but got none.

"Did you think they wouldn't call to alert me of your absence? I requested that call the second you enrolled here!"

Wow. I guess she really had no faith in me since the beginning. I don't get why i'm even surprised.

"So are you not gonna say where you were?" She asked and I still kept my mouth shut. She turned to the principle  "Call that friend of hers here. I'm sure is responsible for this!"

Principle Wallace announced for Ash and Josh to come to the office and my eyes went wide. My mom knows nothing about Josh.

A few minutes later they both entered and Ash stood nervously while Josh looked nonchalant. When they settled in, my mom started questioning them. It felt as if I were in a court house waiting to be sentenced.

"Where did you and Bria go yesterday?" She asked Ash.

"I didn't go anywhere. I was here, I swear!" Ash responded with a shaky voice. I guess she was scared of my mom after all.

"And who is this young man? Were you the one she was with yesterday?"

"No Ms Adams, I was at school as well." Josh responded.

"Why are you here anyway?" She asked him.

"He is friends with your daughter Ma'am" The principle answered and I watched as fury burned behind my mom's eyes. She looked at me and I kept my head lowered.

"Little girl, are you really trying to get killed right now?"

"Miss Adams, I can assure you, your daughter and I are just friends. She is like a sister to me, That's it" Josh tried to defend me. My mom took a few deep breaths and turned to me once more.

"I'm gonna ask you one last time. Where were you yesterday?" Again, I remained silent and that only frustrated my mom more. She turned to Ash.

"Do you know where she went?"

"I have no idea Miss Adams" Ash held up both hands in surrender.

"If I find out you are lying..."

"I'm not I swear"

My mom's eyes turned back to Josh. "Stay away from my daughter!" She screamed at him.

"Mom! You can't just go around dictating my life like that. Josh is my best friend! And nothing you do or say can stop me from talking to him."

"So it's him? He is the one that has been whispering in your ear. I saw the changes!"

"What changes?"