Chapter 29

Bria's POV

I had been avoiding Ace after what happened in the kitchen. What he said had made me feel so amazing. I slept like a baby. I could still hear the words in my head at this point. He had messages me numerous times but I still didn't know how to respond. I think I might love him too but I am so scared. What if all that my mom had said about men were true?

What if Ace is just like the rest and changes as soon as I say those three words to him? What if he leaves me because I can't say those words? I am going crazy right now.

Hunter: Baby, I am not taking those words back.

I received yet another message from him that I didn't know how to respond to. Oh, did I mentioned that Cara gave me one of Ashley's old phones to use? No? Well she did. She thought I might've wanted to check in with my mom and let her know I was okay but I did no such thing.

If my mom really wanted me would've found me. It didn't take a genius to know where I was. After all, I only had two friends but she only knew of one. 

Hunter: Sms, baby girl you can't avoid me forever.

I received another text message and ignored it once more. We were having lunch at school and I was having an amazing day. I don't get why Ace is being so annoying.

"What words?" I heard Ash asked and my eyes bulged from my head when I noticed I didn't lock my phone back. "Oh My God, Are you dating that creepy stalker Hunter?" She asked loudly and again she drew attention to us. Josh paused mid chew and gave me a look.

'You're dating your stalker? Bree I thought you had stopped speaking to this guy?" He asked.

"I did. But then we started talking again."

"Is he the one that popped your cherry?" He questioned and I shook my head no.

"Bree are you two-timing?" Ash asked, she looked so proud. I really think I have the wrong friends. "I am so proud of you. Have you had sex with the both of them?" She continued. "Oh my! You have to give me deets!" She screamed excitedly but my eyes remained on Josh. He looked so upset. 

He took up his lunch and went to another table to eat. This is so not going to end well. I really didn't want to lose Josh but it seemed that no matter what I do he will always be mad at me.

After school as Bria and I waited for Ace, I saw Josh over by his car with some of the guys from the basketball team. "Can I speak to you?" I asked but he just looked at me and didn't say anything.

I grabbed his hand and lead him away from everyone and he didn't protest. "Josh, I am not two timing anybody." I explained. "I know you're mad at me but you've got it all wrong."

"Really? How so? Are you dating Hunter or not?" He asked.

"I am but.."

"Then how is it that I've got it all wrong Bria? I thought we were friends"

"We are"

"Then how can you just look me in the face and lie to me for months Bria?!"

"It complicated!"

"How is it complicated huh? Do you not trust me? Is that it?!" he shouted. I have never seen Josh this angry.

"I do trust you Josh!"

"Then why didn't you tell me?"

" Because I was afraid you would react like this!"

"Damn right about that one" He told me.

"Bria!" I heard my name being called and saw that Ace had already come to pick us up.

"Josh" I begged once more. "Please don't be mad at me."