Chapter 41

Bria's POV

Today makes one week since I've been here In Los Angeles and it's honestly not as bad as I thought it would be. I ran into a few of my classmates while shopping and they told me how good it was to see me again. I had missed their five year reunion but I was invited to the 10 year one. I nod my head as if I would attend but Lord knows I won't. I am not planning to be here longer than I should nor will I come here off my own free will.

I had the day off today and was showing Liz around where I grew up. I even had the balls to show her where I went to school. She wanted to meet a few of my old teachers and as funny as it was to watch, I didn't want to be there long. Can you believe that Liz actually flirted with the principle? It took everything in me not to burst out laughing. Liz was a mess.

I took her to the ice-cream shop where I used to hang out and I drove her right pass my house. She looked at me silently but didn't say much.

I even took her to the gym. I had no intentions of getting out of the vehicle but she wanted to see inside. The gym looked the same except for a few new posters and new instructors.

The older ones greeted me and I was shocked that they actually remembered me. I didn't look the same as before. I had gained a few pounds and had a few more curves than I did back then. My features had changed as well. The innocent face that I once had was no more and in it's place sat a more sophisticated face. I still joked around. I have no stick up my ass but I just don't joke as much as before.

As Liz spoke to the gym owner, A fight in the ring caught my eye. Two young man were at it and the fight seemed intense. The one closest to me seemed to be spouting a lot of anger  and he took his opponent down easily. He reminded me a lot of Ace and that thought alone sunk my heart.

My heartbeat sped up and I tried my best to get Liz to hurry from the gym. I know that Ace was still in prison but I felt so guilty for abandoning him. I'm sure by now he wouldn't want to see me either. It's been too long.

When Liz finally took the hint, I pulled her to the door as fast as possible. Before I could get there though, two tall figures came through the door with an authoritative aura about them. I recognized the older one instantly but it took some time for me to guess who the younger one was. His smile was beautiful and everyone ran to greet him. I stood frozen in my spot when his gray eyes met mine. His gaze was cold. Extremely cold. I shivered a little under his stare then the older man on him right step forward.

"Bria?!" He asked confused. I nod my head in response as my tongue was somewhere down my throat by now. Standing before me was Jim with shock all over his features.

Liz hugged my shoulders to let me know she was still there and I stepped back and introduced her. "Liz, this is Jim. Jim this is Liz, My adopted mother and boss." Liz chuckled a bit.

"Ignore her. I am not her boss. Nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you." Liz told Jim while shaking his hand.

"Can't say the same ." Jim's gaze met mine once more. "You remember Ace right?" He asked motioning to the young man beside him who was still glaring holes into my head.

 I nod my head and made an excuse to go. Liz grabbed my hand and pulled me back. "Aren't you gonna introduce me to the other guy?" She asked. I looked up at Ace once more and I couldn't find my tongue. My mouth opened to speak but nothing came. That happened a few times before Ace angrily stormed off and walked into the gym.

Jim apologized and Liz and I head out. When I got to the car, my hands shook mercilessly as I sat behind the wheel. "Are you okay?" She asked and I nod my head. She reached into her purse and grabbed a few pills for me to take and some water. She rubbed my back soothingly until I was able to calm down.