Chapter 4

2:43 pm

"Sorry I'm late, where's Irene?" I put my bag in the couch and look at nayeon and rosie who's decorating the living room.

"Kitchen" nayeon said without looking at me. I kiss their cheeks first before making my way to the kitchen and saw irene cooking.

"Let me help you" she look at me and smiled.

"Oh hi jen how's the photoshoot?" She asked mixing the food that she's cooking while I started putting my apron tying my hair into a messy bun so it wont interfere when I'm slicing the ingredients.

"It's so tiring but yeah it went well" she hummed in response "how have you guys been for the past few years?" I asked and started to slice the ingredients.

"Still the same you know? Busy as always for work but we still have time to hangout like old times the only different is you're not with us" I chuckle at her answer.

"I'm now here unnie so we can do it more often" I said and I heard her laugh softly.

"How about you jen? how was your life in new zealand?"

"It's hard when I'm still in my last year college because I really don't have anyone in school and I'm having a hard time adjusting for being a transferee but time passes by I get use to it until I graduated" I said getting a bowl for the food that Irene cooked.

"I'm sorry only if we knew that your having a hard time there" she said and you can really feel how much she cares about me and how she feels sorry.

I smiled warmly "it's not your fault unnie so don't feel sorry beside that made me even strong for living there and I'm thankful because mom pushed me to continue my course in new zealand" I said assuring her.

We continued to talk about what happened to our lives past few years while cooking and preparing the foods for rosie's birthday celebration later.

7:02 pm

"Oh I forgot" Irene said and I looked at her confused "are you dating or in a relationship with someone right now?"

"Nope, dating is not on my vocabulary" I said shaking my head.

She giggled at my answer "be careful jen you might eat your words" she playfully said.

"That will never gonna happen unnie... Ever"

"I'm just saying but if you so" She said and laugh.

"Are you guys done preparing the foods?" Rosé asked entering the kitchen.

"Yeah just in time" I said.

"Come on, let's put this on the dining table, they'll be here soon" she said and we start putting the foods that we prepare in the long table with plates, spoons and forks on it.

"By the way chaeng where's uncle and auntie?" Nayeon asked still facing her phone.

"Busy" she said and scoffed.

"That's why we're here right? To celebrate your birthday with you so don't be sad okay?" I said cupping her cheeks.

"Thanks, I love you guys so much" she said and we did a group hug.

"Let's stop the drama just enjoy this night!!" Nayeon shout that cause us to laugh.

_____

"What's taking them so long? I'm hungry" nayeon said frowning.

"Did you text them chaeng?" Irene asked.

"Yeah I did. They're on their way" rosie said. We're currently sitting here in the living room waiting for her others friends.

Wait which friends is she talking about because as far as I know, I know all of her friends.

"Who-" I was about to asked when we heard the door bell rings.

"Oh that's them, they're here!" Chaeng excitedly said and run towards the door followed by nayeon.

"Wassup!"

"Yow yow"

"Happy birthday to our rosé"

"HELLO!"

"Good evening guys"

"Happy birthday babe"

"Sorry we're late"

Me and Irene followed them when we heard the voices.

"Come in, guys" chaeng said hugging them one by one. My eyes widened when I saw them.

"Hi irene, hi jennie" jeongyeon said putting her arm on nayeon shoulders.

We greeted them back hugging them with smile on our faces. We're complete. My smile slowly fade when I saw the bamboo girl is with them.

Again?

She smiled at me and open her arms "what about my hug?"

"You're here?" I asked disappointedly rolling my eyes and she just winked at me. Why is she even here?

"You know each other?" Bambam asked referring to me and this post right here.

"We don't because I hate her" I said.

"What? Why?" Jimin asked.

"Because she's a creep she keep taking pictures of me" I said that cause them to laugh while the bamboo girl rub her head in embarrassment.

"You get caught? Oh my god" jungkook said and laugh.

"I'll teach you how to hide from now on lis" bambam teasingly said.

"Wait!" They look at me "you know her?" I asked facing them all.

"Well jen as you can see, you two are the only ones who don't know each other" jisoo unnie said.

"So now, introduce yourselves to each other" nayeon said sneaking her arm to jeongyeon's waist.

What did I miss?

"Introduce? Why? Is this first day of school?" She looked at me seriously "fine!" Then she smiled.

"I'm jennie, jennie kim" I shortly said.

She smiled at me softly "nice to meet you I'm lisa, lalisa manoban" she said and winked.

"It's not hard right?" Nayeon asked looking at me and I just rolled my eyes on her playfully.

"Let's just continue chit chatting at the dining table guys because I'm kind of hungry now" rosie said.

"Okay birthday girl" seulgi said and we started walking.

"Hi hyun" Iisa said sweetly. Hyun?

"Hi lis" Irene replied. Oh so she's talking to her. I glance at them and their smiling from ear to ear.

That's strange.

We started eating while happily talking to each other, the dining area is filled with laughter because of our silliness and random stories that we encountered. It's been a year since I feel really this happy and it's all because of them. I looked at them one by one with a smile until my eyes landed to this bamboo girl in front of me next to Irene who's eating while laughing because of jimin's nonsense story.

She's beautiful.

Maybe I just noticed it now because I was annoyed with her.

We continued talking and for god sakes I can't eat properly because of this two girls in front of me who's acting like a couple and doing some sweet action's. Why are they being like that? How did they even know each other?

And why the hell I'm thinking about them?

Lisa put a steak on Irene's plate while irene mouthed her thank you and giving her a shy smile.

I'll take it back, she's not beautiful.