7 || Oh, Mother

When an attractive, naked man was plastered all over your body and your mother was staring at you, Dani told herself, one does not freak out. But she was sweating all over, her nostrils flaring. She was fucked. In the metaphorical sense, sadly. "It's not..." It's not what it looks like? Why was she denying this, this was Harry Styles, for crying out loud! If anything, her mother should be ashamed of interrupting!

"I'm so sorry!" her mother gushed in nervous laughter, her face utterly perplexed. "I'm hearing things. I was outside reading, and I heard you talking to someone..." Looking Dani in the eye, she smiled. "You're taking a break from work?"

Dani's heart was pounding like crazy in her chest. Apparently, her mother was blind. Unless... "Ah, yes. I'm a... I needed a nap." Well, that was a lie, but right now, her brain was too scrambled to function correctly.

"Sorry for barging in your room like that, Dani, I was just worried," her mother said. Looking around the room one more time, she turned around and left. "Sleep tight, Dani!"

When the door closed, Dani sat up straight, ignoring the way Harry's head fell with a bounce against her bed. Eyes wide, she darted to the door and locked it. Breathing out a sigh of relief, she stared at the stone in her hand. Was it possible that her mom didn't see Harry because she had been holding the stone? 

Hearing a scratch on the door, Dani clutched on the stone and opened the door. In went Rosie and with a howl, her big fluffy dog began sniffing around Harry. When she sniffed his butt, Harry giggled in his sleep. Frowning, Dani knew she needed more proof other than Rosie's peculiar inspection of her husband-to-be.

Poking her head out the door, Dani knew this was now or never. Taking a deep breath, she called, "Fraaaaaannnyyy!!"

________

After making sure she had slipped her jammies back on Harry's long legs, Dani waited until Franny knocked on her door. She was close to losing consciousness due to lack of sleep, but now was not the time to think about such things. 

When the knock came, Dani opened the door for her sister who looked like she was beyond annoyed that she was roused from her sleep. "What is it... Why did you have to wake me up so early? Don't you know I have a LOT on my schedule today--"

"Shush!" Dani exclaimed, trying not to drop the stone as she grabbed her sister's shoulders. "Would you promise not to faint again if I show you something crazy?"

Franny yawned, scratching her messy hair. "I swear. You are the most annoying person..."

Dani dropped the stone on the floor. 

No reaction.

Curious, Dani peeked at her sister's face and found her gazing at the bed. Wasn't she seeing anything? "Fran?"

Franny's irate face broke into a grin. "Oh, I see what's happening here. It's just like my dream the other day, right?"

"Huh." Oh, that, Dani thought. She must have been talking about that first time she saw Harry! "No! This isn't a dream! Can you see him!?" Before Franny could make up whatever reason she had to deny Harry's existence in their midst, she pinched Franny on the arm with her nails. 

Franny screeched and Dani quickly covered her mouth with her hands.

Poor Fran, Dani thought, seeing how her sister's chest was heaving up and down. "You can see him, right!?"

Just when Harry began to stir awake, someone knocked on her door and Dani for all she knew, fell on her knees to grab the stone. And that's how Dani's mother found them in her room: Dani sprawled on the floor, Franny's face completely white, and Rosie still sniffing on the seemingly invisible Harry on the bed. She didn't know how to explain why they were in their current positions.