6 || In your hands

Her room in total shambles, Dani held the little shiny brown stone in her hands. "This!" she stared at in wonder. "Of course!" Looking around her room, she realized she was alone, and to test her theory, she waved the stone back and forth.

On the outside, nothing happened. The stone remained as it were (albeit heavier since the last time she held it), the break of dawn seemingly without event. Dani waited. On cue, Harry's disheveled hair appeared from under the bed. Crawling out to meet her gaze, she noticed he was completely frazzled, his eyes red from lack of sleep, stark naked as usual.

"D-Dani?" he asked, clearly worried. "There was an earthquake and I thought of you-"

Seeing Harry there, hearing those words from him, Dani jumped on him. "I love you, Harry Styles." She closed her eyes as she felt his arms wrap around her. It was overwhelming how much she missed him since they last saw each other. Really, she can die a happy woman now.

"Are you alright?"

"I think I figured out where you live," Dani said, showing him the stone.

"You're a genius! It does look like home."

Dani yawned. She hadn't had any sleep, and neither did he, but she couldn't just ignore the fact that she just solved the biggest mystery of the century/her life. "So I was texting Jewel the other day and I was busy cleaning my room. And I think I was holding the stone when I wished to have you here with me."

Harry eyed her with suspicion. "Why do you have a magical stone in your things, Dani? Are you a witch?"

"No!" she exclaimed, suddenly feeling afraid that she actually had such a mysterious stone with her all these years. Dani was torn whether to throw the stone away or feel regret that she'd only figured out its powers. Then again, this was great. What if her 8-year-old self wished to have Leonardo DiCaprio at home? God, she wouldn't have been able to hide him anywhere. Nor she would have been able to take advantage of his body (as she was going to do to Harry in the near future) -- she wouldn't have known what to do with him. Things happen for a reason, she thought, staring at Harry. "This stone was given to me by my grandfather."

"Wow, your grandfather is cool! I want to talk to him---"

"He's gone, Harry," she said sadly. "Anyway... He gave that stone to me before he got sick. He said that I should hold it and make a wish and it will come true." Wasn't it funny how something so simple actually brought her Harry Styles? She always just considered her grandfather to be encouraging a little sad girl, but she didn't expect his little gift actually meant something so literal.

"Your granddad is gone?" Harry asked, big fat tears brimming in his eyes.

The sadness painted on his face reminded Dani of such a devastating loss. It didn't help that she'd also just recently lost her other grandfather from her mother's side. The next thing she knew, Harry was sobbing on her lap, his arms around her waist. "Harry...?"

"I can't imagine losing someone so important to me," he mumbled against her thigh. "When I think of losing you, Dani, my heart hurts!"

On any other day, Dani knew she would be tearfully crying with the thought of losing Harry, texting Jewel how she couldn't imagine life without him. But now, now that the man of her dreams was literally in her arms, crying was the last thing she wanted to do. "Harry, do you want to know what I do when I feel sad?"

"What?" Harry asked, lifting his eyes to look at her, his fingers playing with her long hair.

"I listen to you!" Dani exclaimed. She reached for her iPod and scrolled through her playlist. She ignored the way he frowned when she exited the 5SoS album. "Here." She pressed the play button and maximized the volume.

Harry's face was unreadable when Niall began to sing.

Sweet, where you lay...
Still a trace of innocence on the pillow case

Harry covered his ears and shook his head. "Turn it off, Dani!"

Dani fumbled to turn her iPod off. "I'm sorry, did it hurt your ears?"

"N-no," Harry said, shaking his head. "I... Let's not listen to me anymore, Dani."

"Um, okay..." Dani said. "I'm sorry. I thought..." She knew he hated her phone ringing, but didn't expect a worse reaction when she played their music. "Never mind."

"I'm sorry if I upset you, Dani," Harry said sincerely. "It's just Small Simon told me that I shouldn't remember who I am. Because it will hurt me. And you." He hugged her again. "And I don't want to hurt you, Dani."

Dani took the stone from the bed and held it firmly in her hand. As she combed her fingers through his hair, she wondered if it was really the key to everything. She would have to ask her grandmother about it. But a small part of her hesitated, knowing that once she found out all the answers to her questions, Harry would most likely have to go.

Yawning, Dani closed her eyes as Harry settled to sleep pressed against her, his face resting right above her breasts, the rest of his body firm and warm on her side. Can you blame her for wanting to keep him a little bit longer? Besides, he wasn't complaining, was he?

Stone clutched in her free hand, Dani was about to fall asleep when the door swung right open.

God, what now!?

"Dani? I heard someone...?" her mother asked in pure concern, a book in her hand, looking absolutely frightened. She looked around the room, at Dani's position in the bed. "What are you...?"

Eyes wide, Dani felt paralyzed.

How was a girl going to explain a naked Harry Styles on her bed?