21 || The End

AAAAAAAAAND HE'S BACK, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!

Directioners and haters are rejoicing because One Direction hottie Harry Styles is back and he's back for good! Our secret sources say that he's physically well and happy. The big question is, where has he been?? Probably heaven, but we don't really care!!! We're just glad our angel is back in our arms!

PRs for One Direction are still mum on the issue, but word is he's prepping for an interview.

WE CAN'T WAIT!!!

WE LOVE YOU HARR

______

A week later...

"Dani?" someone asked her. "Is everything alright?"

Dani blinked, and realized that her grandmother was talking to her. She snapped. "I'm fine, alright? Why do you people keep asking me!?" Unable to contain the weird emotions in her chest—something she didn't want to classify as anxiety, she stormed back to her room, her breakfast—or was it lunch?, completely forgotten.

Dani was about to turn to her room, but the sight of her bed made her stomach twist. She felt sick. Turning on her heel, she stormed out of her house, hoping the walk outside would help clear her mind.

Did last week really happen?

Or did she get stuck in a coma somehow, stuck in a dreamlike state, until she woke up one fine day, and her parents just decided to forget the entire experience (maybe she was in an accident of sorts) because it was too traumatic for everyone to remember what happened.

Maybe that's it.

Because she did not just spend a small part of her life with the love of her life. It had to be a dream. If she didn't look down, if she didn't touch it, she would probably forget the sting of her new tattoo. It couldn't have possibly been there. She was imagining things.

But every time she closed her eyes, she could remember Harry Styles, his lovely brown hair, the way the sunlight kissed his warm, creamy skin, the way his green eyes brightened every time he called her name, every time he said he loved her. Every time he said her name.

BEEP-BEEEEEEEEP!!!

Dani jumped on her feet as a car swept past her, and she randomly heard someone swearing at her for being a dumbass for standing in the middle of the street. She wanted to laugh. Was she out of her mind?

She'd like to think not, but every morning, she would wake up under her bed, having slept walk in the middle of the night.

She wasn't crazy.

She just felt... alone.

_______

Or not.

Dani's heart was racing as she sat on the toilet seat, biting her nails in anticipation. She didn't know if she was ready to look at the stick on the sink, confused about what she wanted to expect. They've had unprotected sex. Wasn't this a consequence or blessing? Wouldn't it be nice to be certain that Harry really happened in her life?

Wouldn't it be nice if there was... proof?

Because she could come up with fake stories about getting that mysterious tattoo, but she couldn't fake the baby. A baby would be real. It would be beautiful. It would be hers. And Harry's. And she wouldn't need to hope endlessly, wondering if Harry would ever go out of his way to find her. She wouldn't need to think that she was crazy all the damn time and finally get on with her life.

Because she can certainly try being a mom. Be needed by someone. Without Harry, she know she'll make it if she's with child. Because she would have to.

When Dani missed her period a week ago, and when her breasts started to feel sore, she felt like she started to breathe again. The suspicion that something was happening to her body... It gave her a sense of purpose.

It would be hard to explain who the father was, but Dani knew that if the baby was already there, she'd know for sure it was his. She just needed something to hold onto. She needed to live.

She needed to love again.

Her phone buzzed in alarm.

It was time to look.

Grabbing the pregnancy test from the sink, she looked at the ceiling, bracing herself for the result. She needs to see a plus sign.

Please be positive, Dani whispered and begged to no one in particular, her hands cold and her heart beating wildly between her ears. Please.

Taking a deep breath, she glanced downwards.

The stick fell on the cold tiles.

It couldn't be.

It couldn't possibly be like this.

But...

Sobbing loudly, Dani buried her face with her hands. She didn't even care if people heard her. The tears just flowed and she wanted to scream. She was angry and she couldn't blame anyone but herself.

Nothing came out of her precious days with Harry.

There wasn't going to be... Dani couldn't even think.

There wasn't going to be a baby.

Thinking about her beloved Harry, Dani knew there was only one thing left to do.

It was time to say goodbye.

For good.