15 || Real

After double-checking that no one was outside her room before she and  Harry sneaked out to go to the mall, Dani took a deep breath before she faced Harry. Unlike their hobo "costume" the other day, now they were dressed like  poor tourists. They couldn't look "rich" in fear of someone recognizing  Harry and kidnapping him. She was certain that her kidnapping dream wouldn't work out as well as it did in reality. It was a hot day anyway, so Harry was more  than glad to wear a pair of cheap board shorts and a faded out Hawaiian  shirt. She had to button it all the way up to his neck because his  tattoos were peaking.

"But, Dani," Harry whined with a pout, pulling on the collar. "It's so hot!"

"I  know you're hot, now suck it up because we can't have anyone recognize  you!" Dani whispered as she handed Harry an old scrunchie. She smiled as  he put his hair into a messy bun. "It's impossible to make you ugly but  it'll do." She slipped her old shades over his eyes and he looked like  an idiot. Her idiot. "Don't forget your sunhat!" she exclaimed.

"Wifey,"  Harry said, placing another old straw hat over her head. With a  contented smile, he pulled the hat downwards. "I love dressing up!"

Dani  grimaced as she did the last time, as she noticed how the hat and the  stupid mitten (to keep the stone locked in her hands) ruined her pretty  dress. Oh what I do for love, she said, secretly grieving over  the death of her fashion sense. "Let's go!" she murmured as she pulled  Harry outside, ignoring the way that Rosie was trailing after her with a  huge space between them (where invisible Harry was walking).

"Don't  you have a job, Danielle?" her grandmother's voice broke the secrecy of  her steps, and once again, Dani and Harry jumped in surprise. Rosie  began to sniff around her boyfriend's feet. Both of them gulped.

"I  took a week off, Mommy Do," she whispered. Dani reached to open the  gate, but realized her grandmother was just standing there, regarding  her with much curiosity. "See you later for dinner?" she asked, just to  be polite.

Mommy Do blinked and waved. "Be safe, Danielle, and have fun."

Ignoring  the weird feeling in her gut, Danielle waved goodbye and power-walked  all the way to the corner before letting go of the stone. She can only  hope no one was watching her while this super handsome man appeared  beside her. When she glanced up at Harry, he was already grinning in  excitement, obviously having fun with sneaking out. "Excited?"

"Very!" Harry exclaimed, and pulled his hand to walk before her. "It's going to be a great day, wifey!"

Knowing  all the kids were in school (absolutely zero chances of running into  fangirls) and their hobo-er, their poor tourist costume, Harry couldn't  be more right!

______

"Are you absolutely sure you want to do this?"

"I promise I'll pay you back for both our tattoos in the future," Harry promised her, giving her hand a squeeze.

Dani  rolled her eyes. "I don't care about the money. I care about you not  making a stupid decision-not that you haven't made enough already."

When  she asked about their agenda for the day, Harry said he wanted tattoos.  It all started when he noticed her "DnJ" BFF tattoo on her wrist. He  didn't look like he was jealous of her friendship with her best friend,  but he was jealous that they didn't have the same remembrance of each  other. And so he went on and on about tattoos and how they should have  one of their own.

"You didn't even think of a design, hubby,"  Dani yawned. She wasn't really in the mood to get her skin tortured this  morning, but for Harry, she'd take the pain. Because that's what she  did for love.