13 || Popcorn

Dani was thrilled. She didn't think she would be this excited. She sneaked in one of her dad's old clothes in her room, was thankful that he had those oversized shirts and a jacket, and since she couldn't risk stealing her father's shoes, she stole this huge pair of flip-flops instead.

Harry had to be dressed down. Like if people saw him, they shouldn't be able to connect his gorgeous face to Harry Styles. She knew she could dress him up with a trash bag and he would still be fuckable, but now she had to make him look like a random, penniless foreigner who was on a vacation. Hopefully, they wouldn't bump into anyone she knew lest she could explain why she was on a date with the missing Harry Styles or why her date suddenly "disappeared" into thin air.

Putting an ugly baseball cap over his curly hair, which she tied into a low, un-sexy (yeah right) ponytail, she smiled when Harry grinned. "Wait, one more thing!" She snatched a pair of her chic aviators and slipped it over his eyes. It looked weird and awkward on his face. "PERFECT!"

Harry scratched a spot on his chest. "Where's your costume, Dani?"

Dani felt her cheeks burn. She happened to put on her favorite dress and a pair of comfy flats. She would NEVER go on her first date with Harry looking like a drab. She giggled and waved him off. "Don't mind me. I'm from here, so I don't need a costume."

"But we should look good together," Harry said, and reached behind her. Without another word, he put an uglier, wrinkled fisherman's hat on her head. He wasted no time from draping another old jacket that had seen better days around her shoulders. "There!"

Dani inwardly cringed as she caught sight of their reflection in the mirror. They looked horrible. But she laughed. What was she saying? Looping her arm around Harry's, she actually thought they looked like the pretty couple. A really poor couple.

"Are you ready to sneak out?"

"I'm ready!!!"

Picking up the brown amulet from her desk, Dani grabbed Harry's hand. "Now be quiet, alright?"

"Yes, ma'am!" Harry exclaimed loudly, but he quickly put a hand over his mouth. In a whisper, he said it again, "I mean, yes, ma'am!"

Giggling in excitement, Dani pulled Harry from the door and walked past the room--

"Dani, where are you going?"

Dani jumped in fright, almost dropping the stone in the process. Thankfully, she had placed it in this old mitten that she wore on her left hand. Yes, she looked so ridiculous. Turning to her right, there was her entire family, sitting on their wooden round table, with looks of confusion on their faces. Okay, now she was certain she looked crazy... and creepy. She had the hat, the mitten, and horrible jacket covering the pretty dress, and the look of 'you caught me' written all over her face. "Ah..."

"I've been calling you to dinner, but you never answered, so I figured you were already sleeping," her mother said with a frown. "You probably slept through your One Direction movies again."

"Oh."

"What do you mean 'oh'? Dani, sit down and have dinner with us?"

"Um, no?"

"Whatever are you wearing, honey?" her dad asked, an amused look on his face. "Are you pretending to be the trash lady?" He turned to his wife. "I thought I threw that hat away ages ago."