Report #16

BOOM

I turned back to the crashing noise. "You again!" I shouted in distress. I brought up my pistol and aimed it at the monster from the sewers. 'He's mutated...' I noted and gripped my pistol. 'This won't be easy...'

"Move. He's mine!" A feminine voice ordered me. The woman stopped in front of me and aimed her weapon at the mutated monster. "This has to end." She continued. "Annette?" I queried.

She shot the mutated monster with a chemical round. The monster groaned in pain. "What the hell's going on?!" I asked her as she reloaded another shot. Ignoring my question, she limped towards the monster.

"Sorry, William. You left me no choice." She shot another round. The monster groaned in more pain. I carefully walk up next to Annette, my pistol still aimed at the monster.

"You called this thing "William." It's not actually William Birkin... right?" I asked her. "It shouldn't have been like this..." She shook her head. "It's Umbrella's fault -- this whole mess." She continued.

"But you're Umbrella, too." I countered. "You're telling me you weren't involved in this?" I added. "Yes..." She quickly answered. "But we never meant this to happen." She insisted.

"Then... tell me everything from the start." I told her. She hesitated for a moment...  then... she explained everything.

. . .

"..."

"So you made this monster?" I asked her, still trying to wrap my head around her story. "We made the G virus, but we never intended this to -- "

"You can spin it any way you want. But at the end of the day, you're still responsible." I comprehended. Suddenly, the monster grabbed Annette, slowly crushing her.

Then, the monster hurled her to the entrance. I looked up at the monster as it formed two wings. "The hell?" I let out as I stepped back from one of its sweeps. I continued to dodge and sidestep its advances. Suddenly, alarms blared and red light started flashing. The platform the monster and I was on started to descend.

I look up at Annette. "The hell're you doing?!" I shouted at her. "We can't let him get away!" She shouted back. "Tch..." I let out and jump over the railing. I created distance between me and the monster.

"Guess I have to end this here and now." I let out and switched to my rifle. "The eyes... that has to be your weakness." I noted and started shooting down the exposed eyes.

[Class A] breach detected. Lab quarantined until target is neutralized.

"Woah!" I let out as I slid under his wing attack. I quickly turned on my heel and targeted the other exposed eyes. "WRAAHHH!!!" It shouted in pain and kneeled.

I switched to my flamethrower and started torching it down. I let go of the trigger as soon as the monster stood. I switched to my rifle. "Uh oh..." I muttered as the monster grab a tank.

"Mistakes are meant to be made, I guess." I one-sidedly tell the monster as I shot the tank. It exploded right in its clutches. Again, the monster knelt and groaned in pain. It exposed its weak spot.

'Too many openings...'

I started gunning it down in hopes of ending it. But... the monster shouted in fury and stood again. "Just die already!" I shouted in annoyance. I stepped back and held my aim on the monster.

'Wait... its weak spot is still exposed! Time to end this!' I pushed. Relentlessly, without mercy, I finished him off and wasted my ammo clip. As soon as I wasted it, I switched to my firearm and continued to gun it.