Report #2

BANG

I watched as the zombie dropped in front of me. I put my pistol down and made my way more into the station. "Jesus..."  I muttered as I saw a bloodbath in front of me. I walked carefully and turned. I then heard a voice shouting near me. "Open up! Hurry! Open up!" The voice shouted. "Open this goddamn door!" The voice shouted as I entered the room and saw a shutter. I ran over to the shutter and opened it. "Hold on!" I shouted as I groaned trying to open the shutter.

An arm appeared as I opened the shutter." Help me! Please! Help me!" The man shouted. "Give me your hand." I told him as he grabbed onto my hand. I started pulling him out. "Give me your other hand." I said as I grabbed onto his other hand and pulled. Then a splash of blood gushed out as the officer started screaming in agony.

"Hang in there, officer. You're almost out!" I shouted as I pulled more. 'Huh...?' It suddenly got easier to pull him out and I did. My eyes widened at what happened. His lower half had detached from his top half. 'He's not going to live...and turn...to one of them...' I thought as the man passed out.

"I'm sorry..." I muttered as I closed his eyes. I saw the journal and took it. I flipped through the pages, but was stopped by the continuous banging of the shutter. I stood up and drew my pistol. As I was making my way towards the door, it banged open and a zombie went to grab me. I brought my pistol up and shot it in the head.

Its head blew up as it fell on me. I pushed it away as I cringe from the smell. I ran out of the room and readily made my way towards the Main Hall. "The hell! They're everywhere!" I shouted as more appeared in front of me. I aimed towards their knees and immobilize them. I took out my knife and stabbed their heads.

'I'd better go now or they'll come back...' I told myself as I made my way towards the shutter. I dropped down and started crawling out. "Come on..." I muttered as I was almost out. But then something grabbed my ankle and started pulling me back in. "Dammit!" I shouted as I started kicking at it. "C'mon!" I shouted as I suddenly felt a hand grab my collar and pull me out of there. I looked back as I saw an officer.

The officer then forced the shutter on the zombie, cutting its head off. I rolled over on my back as I let out a sigh. "You're safe...for now." The officer said as he gave me his hand. I noticed that he was bleeding from his side. "Thanks." I thanked the officer. "Marvin Branagh." He introduced himself. "Y/N L/N." I introduced myself. I took his hand as he brought me up. "There was another officer and I couldn't save him. I'm sorry..." I said as I looked down as I gripped fist tightened. "I'm sure you did what you could, Y/N." Marvin told me. "Erm...here." I said as I gave him the journal. He took it from me and turned away.

He started walking and I followed him. "Does anyone know what started this?" I ask as I follow. "Not a clue." He shook his head. He collapsed on a couch and started going through a laptop. "But honestly, all you need to know is that this place will eat you alive if you aren't careful." He told me. He then pointed at a stack of clothes. 'Uniform...?' I questioned. "Go get geared up." He simply told me as I nodded and started putting on the gear.

"Yeah...well, Leon and I were supposed to start last week, but we got a call to stay away. If only we'd come here sooner." I told him. "You're here now, Y/N, and I hope your friend is alive. That's all that matters." He told me. I turned around and faced Marvin.

"Okay, Lieutenant Marvin, I'm ready." I told him as I walked over to him. "Hopefully, you'll be able to find a way out of this station. That officer you met earlier -- Elliot. He thought this secret passageway might do the trick." He said as he showed me the journal pages.

There was a map leading underground and three drawings of a lion, a unicorn, and a mermaid. "This is good news. When I get whatever I need, we can get you to a hospital." I told him as he shook his head. "No, no, I am not the priority here." He told me.

"Lieutenant. I can't just leave you here and--" "I'm giving you an order, rookie. You save yourself first. I'd come with you, but I'd just slow you down..." He told me as he went for his pants pocket and grabbed a key. "You'll need this. There are other keys lying around here. I found this lying around." He extended his arm as he dropped the key on my palm and gripped my shoulder. "And don't make my mistake." He told me as I nod.

"If you see one of those things -- uniform or not -- you do not hesitate. You take it out...or you run. Got it?!" He shouted as I nodded again. "Yes, sir." I answered as he dropped back onto the couch. I looked away from him and looked at the statue in front of me. I looked down at the base and saw 3 holes. 'This is probably where I put the medallions...' I noted as I turned around and started making towards the divider I passed by.

I drew my knife as I walked over to the taped box. I cut it open and there was a handle. I pulled it down and the divider started going up. I went into the waiting room and ran behind a section divider and opened a door. I brought my flashlight up to illuminate my way. I then heard a scratchy voice coming from in front of me.

This is 73-Bird ---- for rescue. ---- heading east ---- River. Touchdown at R.P.D. ---- minutes.

I kneeled in front of the corpse and brought its head up. "Jesus..." I muttered. The officer's face was slashed from cheek to cheek. "This couldn't have been a zombie's doing..." I muttered. I then heard a noise. "What?" I queried as I stood up. I looked up and saw another officer, but they were suspended in the air.

"This is not how I imagined my first day..." I muttered as I kept walking.