Chapter 15

" No, I was already in the city so thought to meet you two," Nitya told as they sat for the coffee.

"You did the right thing." she smiled to her looking for someone to bring her a glass of lemon water as she was feeling uneasy suddenly.

"Have some fun in Kocchi, don't just look around the hospital and waste the day." she quipped moisturizing her lips with a lip balm.

"Well, that will depend on Anu," he put an extra pressure to mingle her as well but little did he know in between two long time friends a wife is generally left out.

"I'll visit the washroom, you two continue." she shuffled her small bag for something.

"Okay," he rubbed her palm lying on the table.

"She looks unwell, is something wrong?" Nitya asked when Anu had walked to a certain distance.

"No, she is okay... I guess the traveling and you do know one of the spouses doesn't enjoy other's workplace if their work is this different." he smiled checking out the menu for some snacks. "Though she didn't say I know she got bored." he sounded embarrassed.

"Yeah, perhaps that's the reason. Please give yourselves some time together," she advised in a strict tone.

"Okay okay...now tell me about your mom dad, are they coming back anytime soon?" the old couple were gone on a trip and were in no mood to come back as Nitya joked nowadays.

"Aaaaa, what to say about the couple needing their privacy, I don't even disturb them, whenever they feel like they call and check upon us." she laughed at her own parents.

"tell them my very personal apologies, they wanted me to attend but I can't and you know the reasons." she had this beautiful blush on her cheeks.

"I wish this time it all settles well." he wished knowing how hard she was at guys sometimes.

"well I hope not." she pushed the baby hairs behind her ears. "you are my only friend I can share anything well and I don't want anyone to come between us," she said seriously and then winked at her.

"I thought were you gone mad or something...you nearly choked me on my breath for a moment." he laughed at her joke.

"i don't know, I don't want to start something I can't give enough attention and time," she whispered seeing the waiter on their table.

"i am ordering for us..." he declared.

"wait, I think Anusha is unwell, she might need something else." she was quick to stop him.

"Okay then, we'll make the orders once she comes back." gesturing the waiter to come back later he shifted his gaze to her.

"was that an unintentional comment to me?" he didn't know but he felt the need to ask.

"We can say so, you guys are hardly together, see this was the reason I was surprised when you announced your sudden marriage," she told him.

"But you knew we were in a relationship for quite some months before we got married." he defended himself.

"ha ha... a long-distance relationship!! let me tell you, you guys met I think 5 or 6 times in a span of more than 7 months I guess but marriage is not like that, you can not come home after a month and leave the other day after celebrating some quality time together... this is horrible," she told her heart.

"But I think we both are busy and so ..." he was cut midway.

"well let me tell you this is where we make mistakes... I don't know how people work out like that... do you guys even talk?" today Nitya was in a form and she was not going to stop scolding him.

"My mother, spare me, my wife is not feeling well and how come I became the reason to blame ..." he surrendered.

"don't you think she is taking long, I'll go and check up on her." Nitya left her seat in a swift motion.

"No, I guess you are exaggerating," he told her fully knowing how panicked she used to get at times without reasons.

"oh thanks, I'll just check up on your wife." ruffling his hairs she made her way to the restroom area.

_____________*____________

She waited for nausea to get over and kept splashing water on her face but what followed after a moment was some watery vomiting.

"The growing baby has decided this very day to show her very existence," she told herself tiredly kneeling on the washbasin.

"Hey, you doing fine?" Nitya ran to her as soon as she entered the restroom.

Gesturing she was fine Anu smiled at her with utter difficulty.

"give me your bag, I'll hold it for you." supporting her back with mother like affection Nitya caressed her arms to soothe her.

It took a good five minutes for Anusha to finally get normal and puffing her face with the small towel in her bag she told her to come out.

'what happened..some indigestion?" Nitya asked.

"i guess... or maybe something else," Anusha answered as they made their way to the table.

"it would be better if you guys see a doctor," she suggested to her.

"No no it's fine, in the hotel room I'll take some medicines and I would be fine." it was not the right time to talk about it, not when she had not discussed it with her husband first.

"you sure..." Nitya was concerned seeing her pale face." I think you guys should retire to your room and I'll leave for mine as well." she spoke to both of them as their table was already in front of them.

"why what happened...Anu you good?" he asked hearing this suggestion.

"I am fine Nitya, don't hurry." taking the seat on the table Anu stopped her. Whatever the situation was she knew she just can not send her off, she could manage for a few more minutes. She didn't want to sound unwell since they had to take a flight and it was such an important event for him.

"as you say then, but first give me a moment." and she walked to reception, and following her was a waiter with a big glass of some juice, perhaps orange or pineapple.

Anu's heart swelled seeing the care, Kumari was just a small kid grown up in an environment where the second lady in a man's life was always considered unfit no matter how much fit they were with certain different kind of relationship and equation they shared with them.

"no wonder she has been claimed the kindest person by you," she confessed to her husband in a small voice.

______________*_____________

Hey everyone!!! after such a long break but somewhere I have lost the zeal, I tried to come with the next part but I couldn't.

With this chapter, I wish I can finally move forward with their story.

Thanks a lot for sticking by, I have been a terrible storyteller in terms of this one but you guys have been amazing and that makes me collect some courage to come with this super small but an update.

Will try posting another soonest.

With love Morusya.

P.s. - stay safe and please follow the social distancing guys.