Chapter 17

The kisses on her nape made her moan and in-process tightening his grip on her. She turned and hugged him tightly trying to hear his heartbeats.

She had pressurised herself all these days and that for no reason and right now she needed some moments to calm her down.

"you want to talk something ..." he asked her through his actions seemed ready for something else.

"how do you understand everything ..." she looked up and it prompted him to lose contact on her skin, and she circled her arms around his neck.

"you were tensed... I don't know have any superpower though I wished I had." he smiled at her. "when did you know about it?"

He asked such a genuine thing and here she felt guilt overshadowing the beautiful smile on her face. She should have told him the moment she was confirmed.

"i ..." she opened the arms from around him. "it was confirmed two days back."

"okay.." he hugged her again but his small answer started her trouble. She kept hearing his beats for a while.

"are you going to apply for the leaves?" he asked after the short silence.

"what..." she jerked away from his frame and looked at his face in surprise and with a smile on her lips.

"I mean you need rest and you need good care and ..."

"Shishir...wait." she covered his lips . "do you know men are so cute when they show you their concern." she stared into his eyes lightly holding his waist.

"I am serious Anu... you are not taking care of yourself. You should have told me about it earlier na and you might have taken rest at home." his eyes were full of concern.

"I wanted to spend time with you, we hardly meet and besides I wanted our little one to enjoy his initial days with both of his parents." she was lame with excuses but still she tried to make light out of the situation.

He gave her an "I can't win with you" look and kept caressing her hairs.

___________*____________

He had finished his tub a long back but her small one was still filled with the butterscotch flavour ice cream they had ordered to celebrate the news.

Curled around his body she had fixed her gaze on his hand playing with a loop of her hair. Such nights were a rarity in their life so far and that was the sole reason she insisted to join him on this one trip.

"Shishir..." she called him ready to talk about other things.

"hmm..." his fingers tangled in her hairs.

"is it a little too early to start a family?, I mean we have not been together, we still have to know so many things about each other." she asked him the one thing that has crossed her mind every now and then.

This was also one reason people planned pregnancy when they were sure about each other when they knew the time was right to start understanding and taking care of another one in their life.

" don't you trust us?" he asked her back.

"No... it's not like that." she straightened beside him and sipped the remaining ice cream which had already melted. He waited for her answer.

"We might have been together for a year but we have not been with each other even for a week after the honeymoon trip." she took a breath. "there are so many things we have to talk, discuss and plan but here we are..." she looked back to the tub in her hands.

"Anu, do you remember the day we met for the first time..." he asked her and she didn't get his point.

"did you for a moment think we were going to get married in the next six months?" but I felt you were the one and like that I feel this is the right time," he told her his point.