Part 18

"No, I won't be able to come Nitya... it will take us a couple of days," he spoke stretching on the easy chair with his laptop on his lap.

"Please don't plan anything... you know my schedules keep changing...I'll see you when I am back in the city.

Yeah, take care of yourself too.

"I'll convey to her." he glanced at Anusha's calm posture checking something on her laptop.

The room silenced after his soft voice died and the phone was kept away. After the small walk around their hotel, they were back to their room and he received a call to check the final edits of one of their new collaboration.

meanwhile, she worked on the university project she was currently part of and since data and analysis, everything has gone digital she didn't have a problem in remote working so she logged on to her profile and got herself busy.

"Nitya wants to visit us..." he told her after some time when she looked up.

"Yeah, she had texted me in the morning, I think I was still sleepy...couldn't reply," she told him and a pang of small guilt crept inside her heart.

"oh... no worries, I told her we'll meet her when we are back to the city." he smiled at her. "and by the way, she told you to take extra care."

"you told her about it..." Anusha was surprised, they had not revealed it to anyone, not even to their parents.

"Yeah, what's the big deal, besides she told me she had a clue at the last dinner." he was nonchalant.

"We didn't reveal it to anyone." she stared at him putting down the lid of her system.

"Anu, she is one of our closest friends... it was natural to tell her about it." he was not getting why the revelation to Nitya was a big deal.

"she is closest to you Shishir, not to me." not wishing to argue on anything she lowered her voice and swiped on the screen mouse.

"did you say something?" he didn't hear her words.

"No, excuse me, got this mail from the university." she focused on the imaginary mail to not think about the situation.

The words Kumari had said one day were nothing, she didn't believe in that but sometimes she did felt ignored and out of the circle.

_______________*_______________

The diet chart was open on her screen and she was ticking on the options she could take so his trainer work on that and send them the modified one.

Her waist had been aching sitting for so many hours in that awkward pose on the one-seater so she thought to stand for a while.

He hugged her from behind and she was taken aback when something with a beautiful fragrance reached her nostrils.

"Shishir, wait." she straightened on the balcony rails and turned to him.

"wow, where did you get these... these smell heaven." she inhaled audibly and closed her eyes in pleasure.

"one of the boys over there were selling these..." he pointed in distance on the opposite road.

"oh... thank you, let me put these somewhere." she walked to their room to keep the tuft of flowers in some glass or vase if she could find it in their hotel room.

"let's go to some movie tonight...what say?" he asked her.

"Okay," though she agreed her back started hurting on the mere thought of sitting again for the hours.