Chapter 1

She jolted suddenly and rubbing the elbow straightened herself, "he is still not home."
But she was habitual of this and in between their never spoken agreement they had accepted it.
The light from the window of next room said Kumari was still studying ! "she was a bright student," she thought to herself.
Being a psychology professor left her with no choice but to depend on kumari  and Dada. Who were two people her house was breathing and she was thankful to them. But she was used to do a few things on her own and also wanted them both to rest .
So here she was doing one more of her chosen job, waiting for her over workaholic of a husband who still wasn't home when city was sleeping peacefully.
And thinking about him, she collected the report she was going through before she dozed off. She too needed rest.
As she made her way towards their room to keep the files in drawer , she heard his car coming closer. And with a smile, she finger combed her hairs and moved to welcome her overly tired husband who was gone for more than 14 hours .

Hey, still awake? Caressing her cheeks he smiled

Is it something new?  She replied while closing the door. (He never understood that sad smile)
Go freshen up , I am heating the food meanwhile. As usual a polite request.

As you say Madame, he teased and she smiled in return.

-----------*-------------*----------

so how was your day? Am I going to listen some new beat? She enquired.

Yeah, we have worked hard ,we finally got the beat.
he answered stuffing him with the rice and curry.

Did you take lunch today ? dont tell me you missed again. he always skipped the meals with those dozens of coffee cups.

you need some serious scolding leaving her chair she said.
and he kept going on without a word cause she was right.

Take some more curry returning from Kitchen with a bowl she came to him.

"No i am full and".....he looked up to her "I have to keep some space for the scoldings coming."

and her heart did a dance with those cute looks he was giving her.

---------*---------*---------

You say how was your day, he asked while settling on his side of bed
It was okay, classes, runs, and occasional  phone calls. she answered while massaging her palms.
then she put that glass bottle to its place and stood to join him that suddenly she felt a tremor and dizziness surrounded her.

Next he saw her thumping on dressing chair, holding her head.
Anu, careful !!!
He jumped out of bed to hold her and she became conscious as soon as she got her support.
What happened Anu, are you okay?
---–-------*---–--------

Hello friends, so tell me how was the first chapter. I shall be waiting for your response.
With love - Morusya