Chapter 8

"Shishir , how come you wake up this early?" She was always surprised of this habit, no matter how late he slept he was always the one waking up earliest in the morning.

"great men have great habits." He smiled and sat beside her with the cups of his lemon tea and her ginger tea. "go freshen up, we will talk today."

"aaaaa. Someone is free." And cracking the back joints she removed the peach yellow sheets and came out.

"aren't you happy for that?" He asked leaning on the bed.

"yes yes..i am ." She said enthusiastically behind the closed doors of washroom.

"shishir baba...a knock came on their door.

"come in Dada, you keep embarrassing me, and you came on right time I have something for you." He said getting up and going to his bag.

"baba... one minute." And the voice wasn't the usual.

"what happened. You don't look okay?" Examining his face, he asked. "your asthma is okay?"

"yeah I need to talk about that only." The old man looked troubled.

"okay come outside." And they left for the living room.

"Shishir... I was thinking to visit Iskcon temple today if you are free in evening." She asked wiping her face but no one answered.

"someone said we were going to have a long talk today." And sighing she lifted her ginger tea and moved out of the room.

____________*______________

"kumari... did you see your bhaiya?" She asked watering the flowers.

"yeah, he took Dada to hospital." The girl busy in mixing the semolina batter replied.

"why what happened to him... And she kept the water hoze aside.

"he had some problems in breathing from last night." And the girl looked up.

"and you are telling me now ?" She was disturbed now.

"no , no didi . He is not that unwell." The young girl was confident.

"and what are you doing?" She eyed the bowl and the batter and though she knew it was his favourite breakfast she waited for her to say.

"I thought since dada is not here I will get the chance to roast these-

"and get yourself burnt! No." She reminded her the last time she had been cooking the uttapams how she had burnt herself with hot oil.

"go, get ready for your tuitions. I will do this." She said knotting the kitchen apron on the back.

"but you will get late for your college Di." She reasoned with her.

"I have time, besides don't you want to eat the crispy, thin uttapams today?" She knew her likeness so well.

"okay, as you say di."

"And one thing kumari, give me my phone from the room, let me ask your bhaiya when he is coming?" She requested as she got herself busy in chopping the tomatoes, capsicums and all other things.

____________*_____________

"but you told me on phone you were coming in fifteen minutes !" She was upset for the breakfast was now cold.

"it is okay, I will ask kumari to microwave it." He said taking his towel.

"alright." She said in her heart as she straightened her saree pleats and left to microwave it cause Kumari was gone to her tuitions.

"Dada.. Come, have this tea. And you are not allowed to do anything .... actually, I was thinking why don't you go your home for a few days." She said as she poured the tea in the china set.

"no, no mey.. Yesterday I ate rice in night and it happened. I am fine. Shishir baba already took me to hospital." The old man felt bad.

"so, everyone will hear to their Shishir baba only and not Anusha ... she complained smilingly making his plate. "and no more words, you are not going to stir for a moment unless it is necessary."

"why ...aren't you happy that Shishir baba only hears Anusha?" And he took the seat beside her."I had forgotten Kumari wasn't here." He said sipping his tea.

"no worries." And she too sat for her breakfast.

"Anu.. Today I might get late in night, have to visit a new client." He said after a few moments.

"okay... " and here went their one more talk session in cold bag.

_____________*_____________

"Dr Dixit, I want you to visit these girls for once, they need therapy and since you have a license ...please don't say No." Her mentor cum boss requested her.

"but sir, I only teach the students, I haven't done it professionally ." She wasn't cruel but she was hesitant about it and moreover she wasn't foretold about it.

"Anusha, if I had some other way around I couldn't have asked you but please think about it." The old man was blackmailing her and she knew it.

"okay I will think about it." And mumbling a good bye she left the cabin.

"they said what is seeking you will reach you anyhow, no matter how much you try to run away from it"

Just a few days back she had denied the offer from a private firm for professional psychological help but it seemed she had no choice and destiny wanted this to happen.

"Destiny – it was always the match maker for her, her meeting with Shishir was destiny, their love was destiny and perhaps they didn't have the time for each other too was destiny."

Sipping her orange juice, she tried reasoning with destiny and its plays but when lost she thought to talk with someone who could suggest her the wisest thing.

_______________*______________

Have you too felt the play of Destiny... the thing you are running from is the thing you are thrown into.

I myself have felt it and looks like now it is Anusha's turn, and she needs to handle it ...alone.

Hello everyone, I know long time no see. Hope everyone is doing fine! now I am back and will try coming with a few more chapters before July.

Thank you all the new readers and followers, I have been offline last month so ..

Stay happy and healthy

With love Morusya.