Chapter12

"where is Sulekha?" she asked about the girl who has opened up to her in their last meeting.

" she needed to visit the hospital, We are afraid she is pregnant." the lady constable answered scrunching her nose.

"and father is her own..." her mouth felt bitter all of a sudden on the fact.

"Who else?" it was her job to see such cases on a daily basis and so the police were nonchalant about this thing but Anusha wasn't a person who was seeing such things every day.

She felt like she was spinning again, her head was going light all of a sudden and she took hold of her water bottle to take a few sips of water before make herself look presentable.

"Okay,I am ready to meet the other girls?" taking a deep breath she spoke collecting all the confidence she had at the moment.

"you don't look like a doctor, I mean a psychiatrist!!" the constable enquired. "generally they are aged and with such intimidating eyes, to see your truth through your eyes."

This worked for Anusha and she smiled, "No no, it is my first work as a professional, I teach students at the college."

"Oh... we appreciate this initiative but you know Doctor, there are no many things theses girls can do.. they can not go back to their families cause many families don't take them back and a few are so young that they don't even know how to restart a life..." she took a brief pause and continued.

"yes, the shelter houses and a few NGOs are working but honestly they are so little for the girls/women to be done."

"I have read a few articles about them, I will try helping them in the best possible ways Inspector." she tried assuring more to herself.

"here you go... there are a few policemen and women are there to keep an eye on the situation." with that, they entered the far corner of the jail.

_____________*______________

"but the ad shoot this time is scheduled for the Chennai location na?" he confirmed on phone.

"so it is done, book two tickets! Anu is also coming with me... she looks exhausted these days," he told his Manager about his plans.

"Baba, lunch is ready... are you coming?" the old man asked politely.

"yes, I am coming. Please serve it," he said checking his bag for something.

"Dada... stay a minute," he called him.

"Haan Baba... you need anything?" the old man was on alert in no moment.

"here, I bought a few things for your wife and daughter, they will like it... give them when you visit home this time," he said with care extending the packets.

"You already bought the dresses baba, why did you bring all these again?" the old man was embarrassed with all the care.

"don't say such things Baba, you are my family," he said assuring him.

"now please serve me food, I am dying with hunger," he said with drama evident in his voice.

As soon as he put the first morsel in his mouth the call bell ringed.

"who is there Baba?" he asked without looking behind him.

"what the h...?" he screeched with anger as soon as a certain arm pair circled him.

"I knew your manager was lying... you were in the city." she mumbled still hanging on his neck.

"When did you come from China, Nitya?" he asked her shifting from his position to give her the notation.