Dunkin

Leanna POV.

"Scott please just go" I pleaded as Charlotte started to cry in my arms.

"Is that my child Leanna?" 

All I could do was bite my lip and nod my head to keep from crying.  I open to door wider for Victoria to send me a quick "I'm leaving you'll be fine" look and she takes off.

I step aside to let Scott in and go to the Kitchen to mash up some berries and chips for Charlotte.

"How old is she?" I hear him ask.

"15 months" I whisper back and lean against the counter top in my kitchen. He walks over to me and gets right in my face, I turn my head so he wouldn't see the shame and guilt I felt.

"Why" He says in a stern voice. "look at me! Why didn't you tell me?!" He grabs my chin and forcefully turns my face to stare up at his green eyes that Charlotte inherited. Both of our breath were heavy and I could feel our heart racing together.

"I just..I tried!" I screamed back while pulling my face away. His arm was still wrapped around my waist. "I tried! when I found out I was pregnant I called you, YOU'RE the one that had a girlfriend to pick up the phone so what else was I supposed to do?"  

 "Girlfriend? What are you talking about?" He looked at me confused.

"I called you and some girl picked up your phone, I just assumed it was your girlfriend" 

He unwrapped his arm from me and took a step back. He started laughing. Like REALLY laughing. 

"What are you laughing at, Its not funny!" I stomped my foot at him and crossed my arms against my chest.

"I can't believe you kept something like this from me based off of assumptions! Assumptions that you were wrong about! I haven't had a gf in like 5 years so It must have been my sister who answered the phone." He yelled and explained to me.

I let go of a breath I didn't even know I was holding and tears started to roll down my face. I couldn't help myself, all the guilt and emotions I felt were coming up.

"shhh it's ok, it'll be ok" Scott whispered as he came back to me and wrapped his arms around me so I could bury my head in his chest.

"I'm so sorry" I sobbed

Seeing me cry must have upset Charlotte because then she started to cry also.

"Hey hey hey now I can't have both my girls crying" I heard Scott coo at Charlotte as he went over to pick her up from the High Chair.

I couldn't help but stare at how handsome he looked carrying our baby girl. I dreamed of this moment for so long after been so scarred.  

"So what now?" I ask nervously as I rub Charlotte curly hair. 

He sighed and took a deep breath "I'll see if I can stay here a little bit longer and then see if my work will let me stay permanently. I'm gonna be here for my child Leanna." 

"ok I'm not gonna stop you" I whispered as he bent down to kiss my forehead.

"I have to go but I'll be back tonight" 

*LATER THAT NIGHT*

I just put Charlotte down in her crib and was washing dishes from dinner when I heard a knock on the door. I went to open it to find Scott with a duffel bag in his arm.

"oh so you just knew I'd let you stay the night huh?" 

A smirk appeared on his face "I don't think you'll put up much of a fight, I brought an alarm system to put up for you"  He leans to give me a quick kiss and then set his bag on the living room couch and goes over near to door to put the system up.