Chapter 29 | resistance & confusion

"Sure, in your dreams."

• ♡ •

"How about this one?" Heer spoke turning the camera to the neon green bangles. 

"No," Advika replied her lips pursing into a pout.

"Okay, these?" Heer asked turning her phone to capture the black bangles that had silver glitter on them.

"They look nice," Advika commented her lips finally curving into a smile while Kabir sighed in relief. From the past fifteen minutes the mother daughter duo had been having a virtual discussion about jewelry, first some stud earrings and then it was bracelets and now bangles. 

"Great then I am buying these," Heer declared switching to the front camera of the phone.

"What about me?" Kabir asked, putting an arm around Advika who snuggled close to him.

"What do you want?" Heer asked amused. "Black bangles?"

Kabir grinned, "Nope. Come on you should buy something for me also."

"Table mats, cutlery or silverware?" Heer asked mocking him.

"No, how about something antique? Or mud vessels for cooking. I have heard they are pretty good."

Heer sighed, he clearly didn't catch her sarcasm. "Kabir, how about you drop into this city sometime and buy it yourself?"

"Heer, come on. I want a gift too!"

Heer smiled, the guy could be adorable. Maybe that's how Advika got it. She looked at the screen. "Hmm, okay but you won't say a thing against whatever I bring for you."

"Done, but it would be nice if you gave me the privilege of selecting like you just gave Advika."

"Ass!" Heer muttered.

"Did you say something?" Kabir asked with a taunting voice as she looked at the screen, glaring at her.

"I said brass! Would you like brass antiques?"

"Who buys brass ?" He spoke with his lips holding back from curving into a smile.

Heer's eyebrows furrowed, "they don't?"

"Anyways, what else is you plan for this evening?"

"Do you really want to know?" Heer asked waggling her brows. Kabir wondered what she was up to. 

"Heer, Advika is right here and wants to know too!" Kabir replied with a smirk. What was she going to say anyway? A sleep over room party with Shalini?

Heer's lips formed into a grin at his teasing. "I am going to eat Rabdi Faluda!"

"What's that?" Advika asked.

"Advi, the noodle in milk like dessert," Kabir tried reminding her.

"You mean sweet maggi with those small jelly like particles?" Advika asked after thinking for a while.

"Yes, that one." He answered amused how his daughter described the sweet delicacy.

"Can we also eat that?" Advika asked turning to her father with hopeful eyes.

"Okay!" Kabir answered and she happily hugged him. Heer smiled fondly, she could just spend hours looking at the duo. 

"How about you finish your maths homework while I talk to mom and start making the dessert?" Kabir suggested.

Finally Home  | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें