Chapter 18 | back home

"If you don't even try to pursue what you like, your own dreams, then you'll always regret."

• ♡ •

The Monday morning witnessed farewells. After a quick breakfast the guests were checking out. Kabir hadn't spoken to Heer about the previous night. He had randomly walked out of the hall last night to get away from the chattering relatives. He was initially taken aback to find the two of them standing so close and talking. But when he heard them he knew what was happening. Heer was getting the closure she needed. 

What he didn't expect was her to mention him. He hadn't brought it up. He wasn't planning to  bring it up either. First she said she liked him when she was drunk, she had started sharing her feelings with him and then last night she was telling Rajeev what she felt for him. 

"Kabir," He heard Heer's voice.

He turned around to look at her. "I checked the room," she informed handing him the key. "I will be with Misha," she added and walked away from the reception. Kabir was lost in his thoughts when Maanav placed an arm around his shoulders.

"It's been such a wonderful weekend!"

Kabir smiled, "You should come over and stay with us."

"I would have Kabir, but Esha has wanted to visit Sri Lanka since forever. But I will try coming back to Mumbai a day or two earlier and I am definitely coming over to stay. It's been a while I haven't eaten tarts."

Kabir grinned, "pineapple tarts! You still like them?"

"Why not!" Maanav spoke walking towards Rohan.

"Hey!" Rohan smiled.

"So Mr. Brother In law, you better keep our sister happy!" Maanav spoke in a warning tone."

"I don't know about your sister, but I sure plan to keep my wife happy," Rohan jested.

Maanav chuckled, "That's why I like you!" 

Kabir smiled, "keep coming home once a while."

"I will, I mean I have to, I don't think Misha can stay without her dear brother's cooking." Rohan smiled.

Kabir chuckled, "that's a valid point!"

"What are you two doing to my darling husband?" Misha spoke approaching the trio.

"Guy-talks Misha, you wouldn't want to know!" Maanav teased putting and arm around his sister.

Misha scrunched her nose in distaste, "Don't spoil my husband." 

"No way, we were just giving him some tips on how to handle you!" Maanav smiled at his sister.

"Like?" Misha asked folding her arms. 

"Misha, it's a guy-talk for a reason!" Kabir spoke up.

"God, you two are such...ugh." Misha made a face and moved to Rohan's side. Rohan grinned as Misha wrapped her arm around his. 

Kabir and Maanav exchanged smiles. "Do you want me to sing Phoolon Ka Taaro Ka?" Maanav asked laughing.

Misha pouted, and hugged Maanav, "I will miss you!"

Maanav smiled and replied, "I won't miss you!" 

"Bhai," Misha whined.

"You better don't forget us!" Kabir spoke as she moved to hug him.