S2 Ep3 : Earthquake

Luke and I were just sitting in the living room doing whatever siblings do when the entire room started shaking. Luke and I looked at each other and then at the cabinet. We quickly got up and right as we left, the cabinet fell at the exact spot that we were sitting. 

''Wow, we are lucky,'' Luke said and as he said that he moved his arms, for whatever reason. Hitting me in the face. ''Owww. Dad!'' I yelled. ''I'm coming!'' We heard Dad yell. 

''That thing almost fell on us,'' Luke said pointing to the cabinet while I was still holding my nose, that's where Luke had hit me. ''Yeah, and Luke hit me,'' I whined. Dad looked angry at Luke. ''I didn't do it on purpose,'' He defended. ''Good thing you're not hurt,'' Dad said as he tried to calm us. ''Uhm, hello!'' I yelled. ''Oh, yeah, um put some ice on that, Hannah,'' Dad said. 

''Well I'm not waiting around to get hurt,'' Luke said and then he tried to run off, only to run into the wall. I started to laugh at his stupid action, but that just hurt my nose more. ''Ow,'' I said and walked into the kitchen with Dad and Luke following me after Dad had helped Luke get up.

Now, Luke and I were sitting at the dinner table with frozen peas pressed against our noses.

''Wanna get Mom something to drink?'' I asked Luke. Mom was stuck in the bathroom, so I thought she could maybe use some. ''Yeah, good idea. Where's the wine?'' Luke asked as we walked into the kitchen. ''Didn't she drink the bottle yesterday?'' I asked. ''Soda it is,'' Luke said. ''Wait, how are we getting it to Mom?'' I asked. A soda wasn't going to be able to fit under the door. ''I have the solution,'' Luke said as he reached in a cabinet. Then he pulled a tray out. ''Smart,'' I said and we high-fived. ''Straws,'' I noted. Luke and I searched the entire kitchen, but we couldn't find any. ''I guess she's gonna have to drink it like a cat,'' I shrugged. Then, Luke and I carefully brought the tray with soda to Mom.

As Luke slid the tray under the door I started talking. ''Hey, Mom. We brought you some soda.'' ''Yeah, we couldn't find any straws, so you're going to have to drink it like cats,'' Luke said. ''Oh, thank you, twins,'' Mom said. ''We wanted to bring you wine,'' I started. ''But you drank the big bottle last night,'' Luke explained. ''Okay, off you go,'' Mom said through the door. Luke and I looked at each other, shrugged and walked off.

After a while, Mom came running down while we were all in the living room. Dad had just told us to not tell Mom that the cabinet fell down. ''What happened?'' Mom asked after Dad tried to ignore that anything happened. ''Dad was incredible. He was running around here, turning off the gas line, cleaning up broken glass, taking care of Hannah after she got hit by Luke and taking care of Luke after he ran into a wall,'' Alex said. ''I got scared because the cabinet didn't fall down,'' Luke said and I shook my head. ''He hit my by accident,'' I said when Mom looked at me. ''I'm sorry,'' Mom groaned. ''Well, don't worry about it,'' Dad said as he looked down. 

''It was a rough morning, I just wanna put my feet down,'' Dad said as we all sat down on the couch. The Alex cleared her throat. ''At the museum of tolerance,'' Dad said as he jumped up. ''Who's in?'' He asked as he ran away, weirdly enough. ''I am,'' Alex said in a high pitched voice as she ran after Dad while Mom, Luke and I just sat on the couch. 

All I could think about was that I could now tell people I survived an earthquake. I mean it wasn't really anything special, but still, it's a story I can tell.