S1 Ep11 : Up All Night

''What is the most irritating thing my parents say to me? That has got to be 'Because you're the youngest' or 'look after your brother','' I answered. ''Wait, they say that to you?'' Luke asked. ''Wait. They say that to you?'' He asked. ''Yeah,'' I said realizing the mistake I made. ''My thing is 'Don't talk black to me'. How do you even talk black? End words with 'izzle'?'' Luke said while laughed. ''It's back, dum dum. Don't talk back to me,'' I explained. ''Ohhhh,'' Luke said only now getting the sentence.

''Is there a reason why my window is wet?'' Haley asked as we got downstairs. ''Hmm. No idea,'' Dad joked. ''Up top,'' He said trying to give Luke a high-five. But when he raised his arm, it hurt. ''What's wrong?'' Mom asked. ''Little twinge,'' Dad explained. ''Sweetie, are you okay?'' Mom asked him again. ''Yeah,'' He replied. ''I'll call 911,'' Haley said. ''Maybe the firemen will come,'' Alex added.

Then, Dad, Alex en Haley had a fight over the phone.

''Are you ready to go, Hannah?'' Mom yelled from downstairs. ''Where am I going?'' I asked. ''You were going to watch, um, West, um, West Side thingy with him today,'' Mom said back. ''Oh, I forgot let me get ready. And it's West Side Story mom,'' I yelled back from upstairs.

I quickly put on my shoes, brushed my hair and walked down. ''Mom! Help!'' I yelled. I had somehow managed to trip over that step, but my hands grabbed the railing. Problem was I was falling so - somehow- I was now hanging over the railing. My hands grabbed the railing while my legs just dangled. I was hanging on the stairs.

''What's wrong - oh, my god!'' Mom sort of yelled as she saw me. ''Wait,'' She said as she put her bag down. She grabbed my legs and I slowly let loose. ''Thanks, Mom,'' I said. ''How did you do that?'' She asked confused. ''I tripped over that step,'' I explained. ''I'll call your dad in the car, let's go,'' She said.

''Hey, Phil. Guess what?'' Mom asked in the car. ''You saw an elephant walking down the street?'' Dad asked. ''No, Phil. Our youngest daughter almost killed herself tripping over that step,'' Mom explained. ''What? How?'' Dad asked. ''It doesn't matter how, Phil. Just fix that step,'' Mom said as she hung up.

''Hey, sorry we are later. Hannah almost killed herself walking down the stairs,'' Mom said as we walked inside. ''Oka- Wait. What?'' Uncle Mitch asked. ''I tripped,'' I simply explained. Then Uncle Cam walked in with Lily. I quickly walked towards him to see Lily. ''Look who it is, Lily. It's Hannah,'' Uncle Cam said. ''Uncle Cam, why do you look super tired?'' I asked. ''He hasn't been sleeping,'' Uncle Mitch said. ''Because of Lily?'' I asked. ''You can say that, yeah,'' Uncle Mitch explained.

''Well, I'm letting you to the movie. Bye,'' Mom said as she left. ''What movie are we watching?'' Uncle Cam asked. ''West Side Story,'' Uncle Mitch said as he put in the DVD. ''Boring,'' Uncle Cam said. But he did sit down on the couch with us.

''I'm going to get something to drink,'' Uncle Cam said. ''Do you want to hold Lily, Hannah?'' He asked. ''Yeah,'' I said. He put Lily on my lap and I smiled at her. ''Hey, Lily,'' I said. I brushed some of her hair behind her ears. Then for a second or less, Lily smiled at me. ''Did she just smile at you?'' Uncle Mitch asked. ''I think,'' I said but I kept focusing on Lily. ''Lily smiled?'' Uncle Cam asked as he got back from the kitchen. ''Did I do something wrong?'' I asked. ''No, Hannah. Of course not. It's just she only smiled at me and her teddy bear,'' Uncle Mitch explained. ''Oh, sorry Uncle Cam?'' I asked. ''You don't have to say sorry, Hannah. My kid just hates me,'' Uncle Cam said. ''Cam, don't cry,'' Uncle Mitch said but he started crying anyway. ''Uncle Cam. Do you really think that Lily can hate? She smiled at two people and a bear. It's very unlikely she can actually hate,'' I said. ''You know what? You're right,'' He said.

I gave Lily to Uncle Mitch and hugged Uncle Cam. And then we finished the movie.

''Hey! It's me!'' Grandpa yelled through the door. ''What are you doing here?'' Uncle Mitch asked as he opened the door. ''Oh. You're all here,'' He said as he let Grandpa, Gloria, Manny and I think Javier in. ''You must be Hannah. A pleasure to meet you. I'm Javier,'' He said. ''Nice to meet you too,'' I said. ''Okay. What are you doing here?'' Uncle Mitch asked again. ''Oh, we're here to pick up this one. Phil had pain or something, so Claire asked me to pick you up,'' Grandpa said and I nodded. ''Okay, and what is the rest doing here?'' Uncle Mitch asked. ''Well, I wanted to meet Hannah and Lily,'' Javier said. ''And we tagged along,'' Manny explained.

After Javier met Lily we went home. ''Thanks for driving me,'' I said and I got out of the car.

I went inside the house and pretty soon I was lying in bed. But Luke and I woke up soon because we heard screaming.

''Why is everybody yelling?'' Luke asked while I rubbed my eyes to get used to the light. ''Something's wrong with Dad,'' Alex said. ''Don't frighten them. Come here,'' Dad said but when he tried to sit up he yelled: ''Oh, that's gotta be death! Death is coming!'' ''You need to go to the hospital,'' Haley said. ''Yeah,'' Alex agreed. ''She's right,'' I also agreed.

''No, no, no. I just need a pill. Give me the biggest one you can find,'' Dad told us. ''Honey, breath. Just breath,'' Mom said to him. ''That what I told you when you were in labour and you threw my smoothie at me,'' Dad said and I chuckled. ''Pill!'' He yelled again. ''Okay. I'm calling,'' Haley said. ''No. No. It's fine. It's passing. It's passing. I'm sorry to alarm everyone. I think I was probably just overreacting bEcauSE ThEre'S aN AliEN insIDe Me!'' Dad yelled.

Then Mom got up from the bed to call. ''Okay kids, gather around. Like you're hugging me, but don't touch me, okay?'' Dad said and we all gathered around him. ''Now look, I'm gonna be fine,'' He started. ''We know dad,'' Alex said. ''We don't know that. It's a miracle I'm standing up. But in case anything happens- I want you to know if I'd had time, I would have fixed that step,'' He said. ''Thanks, Dad,'' Alex said. ''We all love you,'' I said. But then Luke started crying.

''I broke the coffee table! I broke the glass coffee table,'' He said and I sighed. ''The one you swore you didn't break, and then we blamed Esperanza and fired her... and she stole a turkey at Thanksgiving for her family and got deported?'' Dad asked. ''I'm sorry,'' Luke said. ''You will be sorry,'' Dad said extending his arm, but Luke ran away so I followed him.

We walked into the hospital to see Dad. The doctor was giving him something to relax before the procedure. ''We know,'' I said. ''We don't know,'' I said. ''We don't know. In case it doesn't promise me you'll be nice to your new fireman daddy. And Hannah, look after your brother,'' Dad said. ''My wife got dressed up for the firemen last night,'' Dad said to the doctor. ''I did not get dressed up,'' Mom said. ''Those heels were really hot,'' Alex said to Mom. ''You put on heels?'' Dad asked. ''Let's just drop it,'' Mom said.

''What are they doing to you Dad?'' Luke asked, changing the topic. ''I have a little scratchy rock inside of me and they're sliding in a tube and sucking it out,'' Dad explained. ''When was the last time you saw your old man scared?'' Dad asked. ''Literally tonight,'' I answered. Dad was silent to my reaction.

''Oh, this stuff is really hitting me. My insides feel like velvet,'' Dad said talking about the relaxing stuff. ''Why don't you guys wait out in the hallway, okay?'' Mom said to us, so we walked out of the room.

Luckily the procedure went great and Dad was happy and healthy again.