Chapter 50: Luka's POV

Life was not going so well.
Do I know how to fight properly? No. No. NO.
Everyone around me was slashing through monsters like it was the easiest thing they'd ever done. The clang of metal hitting metal, smoky air, constant shaking of the ground from explosions, and screams of both terror and confidence swirled around the battlefield.
Demigods were strewn about the top of Half-Blood hill on the edge of what used to be the border that kept the monsters out. Except now it wasn't working. We were slowly being pushed backwards as more came at us, and they had absolutely no difficulty in getting past the border. It was like it had just vanished, never even been there in the first place.
Things were not looking good.
I was panting as I dodged monsters left and right, managing to shoot a few arrows and disintegrate a few. I only had a couple arrows left and had literally no clue what I would do when I ran out. Thankfully, I was fighting besides Percy and Annabeth, and those two seemed like they were born to do this, which they were, but they were so good that it was almost unbelievable. Percy was swinging Riptide around and killing monsters like it was nobody's business. When Adrestia decided to up he'd need to hide his sword or something though, there's a high chance that she'd kill him just to get to it.
"PERCY!" I yelled over the sound of the loud screaming and clashing of metals. Percy's head whipped around, directing a bit of his attention to me, and the rest on trying to stay alive. "What is it, Luka?" He asked, seemingly annoyed.
"Riptide! You're going to have to find a new weapon and hide the sword!" A harpy flew at me and I swatted it away with my bow. "Fric-" I was cut off by Percy yelling at me.
"NUH UH NO WAY I'M FiNdInG aNotHeR wEapOn, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?!? ADRESTIA CAN COME AT ME I DON'T CARE!!!"
Damn I really am getting on everyone's bad side.
By now I had three arrows left and was 87% sure that if I didn't get more, I would choke on death.
HAH! My life is a joke. Everything is a joke. I live in a simulation.
Just kidding.
Ok back to the battle.
To be completely honest I had no idea how I was still alive. Annabeth came up to me, out of breath, but with a determined look on her face.
"Luka, find Chiron. He has all the relics that you managed to bring back to camp. By now I'm sure you know what they all do? Hopefully some of them can help us," Annabeth said, stabbing monsters while she bombarded me with instructions. Yay, finally, a way I can make myself productive.
"Got it," I replied, backing away from her and frantically looking around searching for the centaur.
Three arrows.
I need to find him before I run out. All around me demigods I didn't recognize, from Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood both, were slashing and stabbing through monsters. If I was quick, I could get off the battlefield unharmed. Hopefully all the monsters were occupied.
Somehow, I did just that, dashing through clumps of demigods and monsters as the battle raged on, sprinting towards the big house, hoping that Chiron was there instead of off fighting somewhere.
I was right. When I barged in through the front door, Chiron stood in horse form, studying the relics. Before he realized who it was, he pulled out his bow, preparing to shoot.
"IT'S JUST ME, LUKA, PLEASE DON'T SHOOT!!" I shouted, realllLlLLly not wanting to die. Chiron lowered his bow, a slightly concerned look on his face.
"Luka, shouldn't you be fighting? We need as many demigods as possible out there if we're going to manage to hold them off." He remarked, peeking behind me to make sure no one had followed.
I walked up to the table he stood by, examining all the relics that were laid out. I picked up Aphrodite's relic, gazing into the mirror with desperate hope. Still no sign of Jackie.
Maybe she wasn't my soulmate after all?
No, if that were true, then she wouldn't have appeared in the first place. And it's not like anybody new was showing up either.
"Annabeth sent me," I said, looking up at Chiron's now concerned face, "She told me that we should use some of the relics to fight off the army."
Chiron shook his head, "That would not be the best idea, Luka, we have to keep them hidden from Adrestia. She's dangerous."
REALLYYY???? I had NOooOooOOO idea.
Putting down the Mirror I huffed, "So? Percy's using the Poseidon relic and Leo's using the Hephaestus one! I don't see why we can't use the rest to our advantage."
Chiron seemed to ponder my words for a minute. "Very well. You can use some, but please, make sure Adrestia does not get her hands on any more. She already has two to many."
"Thank you." I murmured, my attention already on the table, thinking about which relic could prove to be useful.
Zeus'! The bull talisman. I could bring on a storm! That would kill a substantial amount of monsters. You may be thinking, a storm? Well from what I've learned, this storm won't be a regular one. It'll be excessively powerful, and I would have to start it in a place where there are no demigods.
"This one," I said, picking up the bull talisman and already making my way to the door. "Luka, be careful!" Chiron called after me as I started to run back to where all the action was happening. Off to the side under a tree, Leo and Percy were both standing and looking highly distressed.
"What's wrong!?!?!" I asked, jogging up to them.
"My Mother fREaKInG toolbelt won't work! It's like everything just disappeared from inside it, and riptide turned back into a pen and won't turn into a sWorD!" Leo said to me spitefully.
"I bet this is all yOUR fault Luka Del Rosso." Leo gave me a death glare.
But that elf's attitude towards me was the last thing I had to worry about at the moment.
If their weapons, that also happened to be relics, didn't work... that meant that none of the other relics were going to work either. The Aphrodite relic already didn't.
SHit to the hEcK-
Looking around, I could see that we were losing the battle. What a phat rip.
There were all different types of monsters, the majority of which I was unable to name.
Until I saw her.
Adrestia.
That rAT. She finally decided to show up.
She was standing at the edge of the forest, observing the battle as she carried on a conversation with a very ugly cyclops.
But, as soon as I caught sight of the nasty ass goddess, she vanished just as quickly, back into the forest, the cyclops at her side.
Gross.
I hate her.
I've got the sneaking suspicion that she's the one responsible for making the relics not work.
Wait a second... If Adrestia was here...
Where the fricky waffle frack was Jackie?!?!???
If the goddess of equilibrium herself had decided to show up, she must have brought Jackie with her.
I need to find her.