Yena Part VI: Fieramente

Fieramente - a musical intonation of a proud and confident musical style

Academy Music Theatre, final day of the festival

The music academy's annual music festival is underway. It was 3 full days of performances by the school's prestigious music clubs, as they all eagerly await their own chances to showcase their talents for everyone to enjoy. Much of everyone's attention is focused on the two biggest clubs of the academy, namely the Music Choir and the Orchestra. A certain degree of expectation is put to these groups as they represent the finest musicians the school has to offer.

As part of the School Orchestra, Y/N has prepared himself alongside the members, hoping to put his recent achievements to use. He would be performing for the first time with a group, different from his recent solo performances and duets. Not to mention that the merits that he took alongside Yena just recently would certainly become the highlight of all who would watch them perform.

Yena, on her part, is also under a lot of pressure. Having her talent recognized just recently at the concours would certainly become a big deal, now that she is assigned a special flute solo during the middle parts of the piece. But with Y/N's assurance, as well as for everyone supporting her, she finally gained the confidence to perform with no worries.

It is the final day of the festival, and that this day is dedicated for the performances of the orchestra and the choir. Y/N was able to watch the choir's performance before them, and he can't help but feel proud of their success, specifically Chaewon, his childhood friend. She is far from the person that he knew from back then, as she became more mature and independent when it comes to her singing skills. The two noticed each other after their performance, as Y/N gave her a friendly gesture that she managed to do a wonderful job along with her club. In return, she wished that he and the orchestra would also be able to have an enjoyable and memorable experience today.

Once the stage is set for them to perform, the School Orchestra took their respective positions in order to begin. With Y/N giving the signal to the group, the members began their performance for the audience.

First, Y/N slowly played the opening parts as the rest of the performers start to perform at his pace. Their days of rehearsal are starting to bear fruit as the crowd was already captivated by their ensemble. Among its members, Yujin stood out among the rest of her fellow wind musicians, as her skills managed to provide a vibrant effect, making the orchestra's overall depth that much more lively. Known by her fellow members as one of their most hardworking ones, she perfectly shown her talent in this performance, thereby giving out a good impression for those who heard her play for the first time.

The piece comes together in the middle parts, when Y/N starts picking up the speed a little faster than usual. The crowd expected no less from him, with his performance today just another testament to his abilities as a pianist. The students, teachers and even the visitors were in awe of his display of skill as he performed naturally, showing that every part of their performance is but a triviality to him. Despite this, he always regards himself as humble, both on and off stage, as he was well-taught by his parents that this is their family's secret to success. This, along with his passion and willingness to learn, is what define him as a person worthy of everyone's recognition.

The piece moves toward Yuri's solo parts, as she began entertaining the crowd with her unique and charismatic voice. Her talents gave a wonderful impression towards everyone present. Her tone and modulation gives an aura of confidence and passion, which greatly helped in manifesting the mood exemplified by the piece.

The performance picks up a notch once Yena's solo parts began, reminding everyone of her splendid duet with Y/N back during the concours. Her style and sense of rhythm have greatly improved, all thanks to the experience she had in an actual competition. Apart from this, her confidence and passion had a positive effect on her skills, as she felt inspired knowing that someone special like Y/N is now at her side.