Chaewon Part I: Dolcissimo

Dolcissimo  - a musical term that requires a part to be played in a very sweet manner

"I would like Kim Chaewon to be my partner for the National Concours, Mr. Director." Y/N said seriously as he hands over the document back to the director.

"Thank you, Y/N-ssi. I trust that you would inform her of your decision as soon as possible. I expect that you and Ms. Kim would give it your best during the day of the concours. Starting today, I hope the both of you would take this time to decide on what piece the both of you are going to perform. Remember that this academy, including myself, will always support you regardless of the outcome." The director said as Y/N smiled due to his words of encouragement.

After excusing himself from the office, Y/N knew that he had one very important thing to do first, and that is to apologize to the other three girls whom he did not choose as his partner. He knows that doing this would be painful to them, but he has to fully accept his decision wholeheartedly so as not to cause any more doubts to linger in him.

Out of the three, Yena was the one who took it the hardest. She cried knowing that Y/N won't be able to fulfill his promise to her back then, as he stayed beside her for a while to comfort her. He gave her one final hug so as to ease the painful feelings she has while the two of them made a promise to remain the best of friends.

As for Minju, the girl simply gave him small words of encouragement and fully accepted his decision, concluding that Y/N simply followed his heart when he made the choice. She told him that she is still hoping for that time when they will perform with each other again, and that she will continue to hone her skills in order to be worthy of playing alongside him.

Sakura respected his decision, making peace with the fact the Y/N will give the best performance he could do like what they did before. She promised to lend her support, and made clear that she would still give both Y/N and Chaewon her time to mentor them during their rehearsals if needed. Having heard this, Y/N thanked her and told her that he would never forget what he learned from her during their recital.

Classroom Building, that same afternoon

After he finished telling the others about his decision, Y/N went back to his classroom in order to tell Chaewon that he chose her to participate with him at the contest. As he walked the halls in a quick pace, Y/N knew that his choice to pick one of his childhood friends would be something he won't regret.

Once he reached their classroom door, he opened it to find Chaewon sitting in her desk, as she was talking to Felix and Han during their free period. Y/N wasted no time and approached her, as he tries to catch his breath once he stopped in front of her.

"Y/N, are you okay? Why are you so tired all of a sudden?"Chaewon asked him.

"I came back from the director's office just now, after I informed him of whom I chose to be my partner for the Nationals."

His words immediately caught Felix and Han's attention, while Chaewon felt nervous as what he was about to say.

"Well, Y/N, who did you choose?"Han said, eagerly waiting for him to answer.

"Firstly, I regret to inform you Chaewon that we won't be able to participate in our club's activities for a while. We must tell our advisor that we're going to have to spend our time after school to practice for our performance at the concours."Y/N said with a very serious tone.

At first, the three of them weren't able to process what Y/N just said. They were too shocked to comprehend his words before they could believe it. Then it clicked.

Chaewon's hands shook as she tried to stop her tears from falling, while Felix and Han were both laughing and cheering the for the both of them as their class joined in on the celebration.