Yena Part IV: Obbligato

Obbligato - a musical term that means something is required or essential to do

It has been a truly pleasant day for the academy. Y/N and Yena's success in the concours brought its fame and prestige to new heights as the two of them were able to deliver a magnificent performance that anyone would praise. The day after the competition, students, faculty and everyone in the academy gave them nothing but sincere words of praise and congratulations for making them all proud.

But despite the overwhelming show of gratitude everyone gave her, Yena was not really in the mood to receive them, for what she saw last night between Y/N and Yuri was something she thought was the beginning of their relationship together. Torn between her own feelings and supporting her best friend's happiness with someone, she couldn't help but feel depressed as she thinks that the two of them are already dating long before she knew. But nonetheless, she promised to herself that she would support them as a good friend, not wanting either of them to worry about her.

Orchestra Club Room, the same afternoon

Yena, Yuri and Yujin were all gathered at the Orchestra Club for a meeting regarding the preparations for the upcoming music festival. As one of the three largest school clubs of the academy, high expectations from the faculty and student body are already expected for them. In order not to disappoint them, the club's advisor, Mr. Lee, had a special performance that involves one particular person close to Yena.

"All right listen up, everyone. Today we are going to talk about our preparations for the Music Festival which would be held a few weeks from now. But first, allow me to congratulate our club member, Choi Yena, for making us proud in winning the National Concours last night. It feels me with pride to know that one of the winners is a member of our club." Mr. Lee said as everyone applauded Yena, with Yuri and Yujin clapping enthusiastically for her."

"Thank you Mr. Lee and everyone. If not for the support you all gave me, I wouldn't have been able to deliver a great performance at the concours. Seriously, I owe you all a lot for winning this!" She said, all the while feeling a bit sad when she made eye contact with Yuri, who felt something was wrong.

"Don't discredit yourself, Yena. We all know that you've put all your heart and effort on that stage, and you truly deserve all the congratulations you have received from everyone today." Mr. Lee said, as he tries to cheer her up.

"Now then, it is to be expected that our orchestra club is going to be performing a piece together for the festival, and for that I would propose to all of you that we are going to do an opera piece."

Having heard this, the students were all smiles as they knew who would be at the center of attention for the performance.

"That's right. I think you all know who's going to be our vocalist, right?" Mr. Lee said as he looks towards Yuri.

"Me? Are you sure sir? But I don't have the experience to perform in an opera before!"

"Of course I'm certain, Yuri. I think I can speak for everyone here that we all want you to do this. Think of it as experience, especially since you are focusing on your path to become an opera singer as well, am I correct?"

"Y-yes sir. If it's all right with everyone, I would gladly accept." She said as all the club members approve of her decision.

"Now that it's settled, I think it's time for me to tell you that there is one other person whom I need to participate in our performance, and that someone is sure to hype all who would watch us perform."

Some of the students already have an idea about whom their teacher is talking about, as they wait for him to continue.

"For those of you who are guessing, then I shouldn't keep it anymore. I invited Kwon Y/N to participate in our orchestra, just for the duration of the festival. His own club had already agreed to my proposal, so he will join our rehearsals which will begin two days from now."